Author Topic: Samuel family of Tryddyn  (Read 2308 times)

Offline amberly

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Samuel family of Tryddyn
« on: Monday 23 May 11 17:02 BST (UK) »
Hello to Sarah who does lookups for Halkyn I beleive.   
I'm looking for a Maria Samuel b 3 May 1795 in Moel y Crio.   This place means nothing to me but I think it's in the Halkyn area.    I beleive her father's name was Richard & he was b in 1770 somewhere in Flints.    I'd like to know please if she had any siblings & who her mother was.
I know she married Thomas Griffiths on 10 March 1821 in Cilcain Parish Church & was buried on 30 Aug 1867 in Tryddyn Fechan.
My maiden name was Griffiths & I've researched lots of them but have really got stuck on the Samuel family, knowing no more than Maria & her father Richard.
I'm hoping they appear on the PR's that you have.
Thank you so much.
Amberly.
Roberts,Guilsfield area, Mont.    Beattie, Welshpool, Mont         Newill, Welshpool & Shrops.      Gwyther, London.                    Cureton, Shrops & London.       Whitfield, Shrops.                        Dickin, Shrops & Mont.               Barker, London.

Offline Rah1980

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Samuel family of Tryddyn
« Reply #1 on: Monday 23 May 11 22:28 BST (UK) »
Hi Amberly,

Just to let you know it is a user with the ID of Hiraeth that holds the Halkyn records. I am sure they will respond to your request soon as they are very helpful  ;D Good luck in your search  :)

Sarah

Flintshire Parry, Price, Lloyd, Jones, Williams, Roberts, Ellis, Holland and Davies. Mostly from Brynford area.
Denbighshire Hannam, Evans
Scotland Clark, Duff, Ferrier, Cruikshanks, Robertson, Anderson, Mciver, Finlayson, Hodge, Galloway and Barrie
Midlands Shaw, Davenport, Skidmore, Ball
Ireland Mccaffery

Offline wilcoxon

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barry Sheene 1950-2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 23 May 11 22:38 BST (UK) »
Some pics of Moel Y Crio.
http://www.geograph.org.uk/search.php?i=21775440

This may or may not be any use, but he does name a daughter Maria.
Lots of siblings and his wife are named.
It would take some checking in the PR`s to confirm if he is linked to your Samuel, and at the time of his death your Maria would only have been 8.
I`m sure someone can help work it all out for you.

Samuel, Richard, Hendrefigillt, Halkyn, Flint, Miner 
 Richard Samuel : will, 1803.

http://hdl.handle.net/10107/414564

Census information is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline amberly

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 24 May 11 03:02 BST (UK) »
Thank you Sarah for replying & I'm sure I shall hear from Hiraeth in due course.

A big thank you to Wilcoxon fot the great website with pics of Moel Y Crio but more importantly for Richard's will.  This is huge find because it told me when he died, his wife's name & all Maria's siblings.  I imagine it is the correct family as it seems to fit perfectly.

Now I have something more to work on, I really appreciate your efforts.

Cheers, Amberly.
Roberts,Guilsfield area, Mont.    Beattie, Welshpool, Mont         Newill, Welshpool & Shrops.      Gwyther, London.                    Cureton, Shrops & London.       Whitfield, Shrops.                        Dickin, Shrops & Mont.               Barker, London.

Offline wilcoxon

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barry Sheene 1950-2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 24 May 11 07:44 BST (UK) »
Hi Amberly, before you assume this is the right Richard, you have to have it thoroughly checked out.
It does seem to place him in the right place. I`m sure Hiraeth will sort it all out for you.
 A little on Hendrefigillt is here, http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/wal/FLN/Halkyn/
Census information is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline amberly

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 24 May 11 12:55 BST (UK) »
I agree it needs checking out but I'm 99% sure it's the correct one.     I had found a William Samuel on the 1841 census living at Gronvoel Bach, which seemed to be next to Ty'n Y Pistill & there was a sibling in the will named William. He was born in 1796 & I had starred him as being a possible brother for Maria.
I have a cousin [but not a Griffiths one] who lives in Mold & next time I'm in the UK I'll go & visit him & have a look at all these little villages & churches, they sound delightful.    I was born in Wrexham but have lived in Canada now for many years.
Thank you again for the Hendrefigillt web site.
I now await to hear from Hiraeth.
You people do a wonderful service for someone like me who is so far away.   Thanks again.
Amberly.

Offline hiraeth

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 27 May 11 02:10 BST (UK) »
Hi Amberly

The first four children named in the 1803 will were baptized at Halkyn but mother is recorded as Mary, presumably Richard's first wife as he married a Catherine LLOYD, widow in 1793.  Maria & Barbara were the only two born to Richard & Catherine in the registers.

I will send you more detail in a PM.

Heather
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk