Author Topic: Photos of Tull/Key/Ratnett Families of Northampton and London  (Read 2849 times)

Offline edalmun

• RootsChat Senior
  • www.greatauntyalice.com
    • View Profile
Photos of Tull/Key/Ratnett Families of Northampton and London
« on: Saturday 28 May 11 19:02 BST (UK) »
Hello,

I'm trying to find out if anyone has any photographs, portraits or documents of the Tull, Key and Ratnett families. The Ratnett and Keys orginally came from Northamptonshire (prior to about 1840) but moved to London, where Charlotte Key (daughter of Edward Key and Rebecca Ann Ratnett)married William Stewart Tull. The families still in London even after 1900. A very kind lady has a few photographs of the family which she has shared with me, but I know that it seems to be quite an extensively researched part of my tree so I wondered if anyone else related to them had anything they wouldn't mind scanning or describing to me.

The Key/Ratnett side of the family seems to have been quite involved in hairdressing, apparently becoming court hairdressers at one point. The Tull's were musicians and I believe worked as piano and harpsicord tuners at one point. The main claim to fame in my family is that some great great uncle tuned the Queen Mother's harpsichord!!

Thank you!
Elissa
www.greatauntyalice.com - A directory of independent family history researchers based across the UK and around the world. From small look-ups to extensive research Great Aunty Alice has a researcher who can help you.