Author Topic: Lambert Family  (Read 7815 times)

Offline jillt

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Lambert Family
« Reply #9 on: Friday 27 April 18 07:04 BST (UK) »
Well, well, so you are a distant relative! I will get a private message to you as soo  as I figure out how to do it.

Jill

Offline Kaybron

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 27 April 18 07:16 BST (UK) »
Hi Jill,

I have just sent a personal message with my personal email.  Yes, we are related.  Will be interesting to exchange information.  I do have some gaps in some areas and looking forward to find out further information about the Lamberts.

Regards Kaybron

Offline familybless

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 20 January 19 23:34 GMT (UK) »
Hello!  I too have traced my genealogy back to Joshua Lambert and Esther Campbell-they would have been my 3rd great grandparents.  I found an 1861 Census Listing with them in tents on Cinderhill Lane in Horsted Keynes.  Are these the same people you are talking about?  Interested in learning more about the gypsy culture-could make a LOT of things in my family make sense!!
-D

Offline Kaybron

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 21 January 19 22:25 GMT (UK) »
I too am related to William and Esther Lambert.  William would be my GGGG Grandfather.  Joshua Lambert/Campbell would be my GGG Grandfather. I have done a bit of research on the family but have not been able to go and further back with William's parents as a marriage record for William and Esther has not been found.  This would give us an idea of who his father was and then possibly go back another generation.  Distant relatives did tell me that the Lambert family were Gypsies but I could not determine if this was true.  They did live in a tent and were hawkers, basket weavers, chair caners, umbrella makers, all occupations that were associated with Gypsies. Elizabeth Lambert (a daughter of Williams) married a Job Davis and they traveled around the country in a caravan.  Eventually I found an article in a newspaper that stated the family were Gypsies, which confirmed what I had been told.
Currently you have only 1 post.  Once you have 3 posts we can communicate through the Private Message system and will be able to exchange our personal emails.  Rootschat does not allow you to post your email on this forum but you can send personal messages and exchange emails this way.
Regards Kaybron

Offline Kaybron

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 21 January 19 22:28 GMT (UK) »
Forgot to add that the family you have found in the 1861 family is the correct family that I am related to and the William and Esther that I have mentioned in the previous post.

Regards Kaybron

Offline familybless

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 21 January 19 22:53 GMT (UK) »
Wow! How very cool!  I’ll make a few more posts so that we can privately message-I only joined this yesterday specifically so I could respond to this thread. :)  I am working my way back from Joshua, but have definitely traced myself down through Joshua’s son William Henry.  Would love to exchange info!

Offline Kaybron

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 22 January 19 05:21 GMT (UK) »
I can see that you have made more than 3 posts. Now you will be able to send a Personal Message to me and we can exchange emails.  All you have to do is use the icon that looks like a page. If you hover over this it mentions Personal Message.  Click on this and then you will be able to message me.

Offline imanikushan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 03 March 19 23:26 GMT (UK) »
I am a Lambert descendant in the USA. My great grandmother was Ruth Palmer Lambert before she was married (Whitby/married name). I believe our family was originally from Sutton. We married in with the Brooks, Brewer, Standley, Rainey, Bennett, and Morgan families.
I've been able to find names in my line, but not much other information. My mother told me this was one line that she knew for sure was of Romani background. I'd love to connect with other descendants. GEDMatch # is available if you'd like to compare!

Offline KimberlyAnnLambert

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 12 April 19 01:51 BST (UK) »
Hello cousins Kaybron and Bless, I have been in contact with both of you and yes you are related.

Your cousin KAL in Canada ;).