Author Topic: -Glen- Scavenger Hunt.... Everyone Welcome To Join In  (Read 17978 times)

Offline toni*

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: -Glen- Scavenger Hunt.... Everyone Welcome To Join In
« Reply #99 on: Tuesday 28 June 11 09:56 BST (UK) »
UPDATE:

Hackney Council Archives checked the electoral rolls for 1918 for me. Unfortunately my Great-Grandparents are not listed at 56 Cowper Road (which is the earliest known address for my elusive Nanny Dinah).

Also, I believe no electoral rolls exist for 1916 and 1917 due to WWI.

I wonder how else I could find out when and for how long they lived at 56 Cowper Road? ???

Glen.

directories – trade – street commercial
Historicaldirectories.org or County RO
1792-1950’s though not every year and not every are was covered in all directories
Holman & Vinton- Cornwall, Wojciechowskyj & Hussak- Bukowiec & Zahutyn, Bentley & Richards- Leicester, Taylor-Kent/Sussex  Punnett-Sussex,  Bear/e- Monkleigh Gazey-Warwicks

UK Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchive

Offline jampot

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: Wednesday 26 October 11 10:45 BST (UK) »
There's a William Walter Langley then shuffling off this mortal coil in 1894 Hackney 1b 226, and a death for Harriette Jane Langley in 1900 (Hampstead 1a 538).  I wonder if the baptism for Dorothy was done when she was about 10 in a mass baptism (there are about 7 children all baptised on Feb 8th 1903)................

Not being a regular user of Rootschat, I have only just discovered this exchange.  The threesome named are part of my extended family. I am particularly interested to the ref to the baptism of Dorothy - where was this, do you have an image of the entry?
As Dorothy was no longer in her infancy - the baptism may have been a requirement prior to confirmation.

Offline -Glen-

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: Friday 01 November 13 15:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi All,

Hope you're well.

Do you think DNA testing would help at all??

Kind regards,
Glen
Galway, Ireland: Cunningham, Deely, Callanan, Conerneen/Conerney, Mullins and more. London, England:  Callingham, Buck, Parker, Comerford, Staples, Pitter, Gallington, Langhelt, Setzer and more! Bearsted/Maidstone, Kent: Lamkin, Langley, Smith

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad and Fireman at Kings Cross 13.7.1951
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: Monday 04 November 13 12:29 GMT (UK) »
No expert Glen, but there are several on this site who are e.g. Devon Cruwys; why not ask her advice/
Ayres Brignell Cornwell Harvey Shipp  Stimpson Stubbings (all Cambs) Baumber Baxter Burton Ethards Proctor Stanton (all Lincs) Luffman (all counties)

Offline -Glen-

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: Sunday 25 July 21 01:55 BST (UK) »
Dear All,

Hope you're well.

I thought you might like to know that I think the mystery of my elusive great grandmother has finally been solved, after an 18-year search!!

See what you all think....

https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=850988.0

Thanks for your help previously,
Glen  :)
Galway, Ireland: Cunningham, Deely, Callanan, Conerneen/Conerney, Mullins and more. London, England:  Callingham, Buck, Parker, Comerford, Staples, Pitter, Gallington, Langhelt, Setzer and more! Bearsted/Maidstone, Kent: Lamkin, Langley, Smith