Author Topic: Read family, Kensington & Landon family  (Read 10787 times)

Offline deeni

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Read family, Kensington & Landon family
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 20 May 12 15:50 BST (UK) »
Hi, I only have a little information on my great grandfather but I am happy to send you all I have.  Will try and seek out a photo too. I'll be in touch in the near future.

Offline Byeck

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 20 May 12 18:05 BST (UK) »
Hi Deeni

much appreciated! You can contact me through the Earlscliffe.com web site. Thanks.

Offline Kazlyn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 23 May 12 03:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Deeni I hope you are still around.  I am a decedent of William Landon's son Charles Richard Landon's daughter Agnes Marie.  I would love to you regarding the Landon/Read family.   
Ballard, Edmonds, Idriess, Foaker, Landon, Trevis, Windeyer, Crowder, Hailes, Dermody, Urquhart, Jones, Daun, Holman, Williams

Offline deeni

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 25 May 12 10:44 BST (UK) »
Hi, I was really happy to  hear from you.  I  have had no other contact re Read or Landon family besides Roots Chat Moderators who have done great research for  me.  I would love to  share any information I have on the Landon family with you.  I  will contact you again in a fw days.   Deeni

Offline Kazlyn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 27 May 12 02:08 BST (UK) »
Nice to hear from you Denni.  I haven't looked at my Landon file for awhile and decided I really should find out more about William Landon.  He is my 2x GG so I am in a different generation to you.  My Grandmother Agnes Mary Williams nee Landon went to Australia and therefore we really haven't had contact with the Landons. 

I have a long pedigree for William but not a lot of flesh on the bones.  I also will be happy to share with you and perhaps we can fill in some gaps. 
Ballard, Edmonds, Idriess, Foaker, Landon, Trevis, Windeyer, Crowder, Hailes, Dermody, Urquhart, Jones, Daun, Holman, Williams

Offline Kazlyn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Saturday 30 June 12 08:50 BST (UK) »
Denni you are obviously busy. 
I just wanted to make sure that you have linked up William Landon b: 12 March 1801 to the "Burke's Landed Gentry" pedigree for LANDON FORMERLY OF MONNINGTON STRADDLE AND CREDENHILL.  I think the edition was 1972.

Another good reference is
http://www.hailes.co.nz/FamilyTree/index.php?ctype=gedcom
I don't think the website is active these days but the information is very helpful.

Offline deeni

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday 03 July 12 00:02 BST (UK) »
Hi, Thank you for sending me that info.  I, in fact, knew nothing about the Landon family until just recently.  I am about to go walking in Spain for ten days, but will have a good look at what you sent me and write back to  you then.  Many thanks again, Deeni

Offline barryd

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday 03 June 15 07:44 BST (UK) »
As a follow up to Wilcoxon, Wilfred Joseph Ullathorne married Frances (Florence?) Maud Keogh 6 March 1899, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. WJU died 2 August 1929, Kensington, London. His daughter Monica Frances Ulltathorne was born 16 January 1900, Elsternwick, Melbourne. Monica Frances married (very well) George Elvey Creasy, Brompton Oratory, South Kensington, London, 2 July 1924. MFUC died 6 November 1975, Colchester, Essex, England.

Offline deeni

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday 16 June 15 20:59 BST (UK) »
Thanks for that info.  After three years of being sidetracked I have got interested in Read and Landon family once more.