Author Topic: James Seery  (Read 13281 times)

Offline OceanOne

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: James Seery
« Reply #18 on: Friday 06 November 15 10:24 GMT (UK) »
Hello Shiraz,

I would be happy to help; do you have an email you could let me have please?

Regards,

Ocean One

Offline Shiraz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 06 November 15 15:22 GMT (UK) »
Ocean One, you need to have three posts before you can send private messages off line. I see you only have two, so send another one and click on the personal message button on the panel and let me have your e-mail and I'll respond.  Best regards Shiraz

Offline OceanOne

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 06 November 15 16:06 GMT (UK) »
Hello Shiraz,

Will do.

Regards,

Ocean One

Offline Shiraz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 06 November 15 22:04 GMT (UK) »
Ocean One Look forward to hearing from you. Shiraz

Offline OceanOne

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 06 November 15 23:33 GMT (UK) »
Hello Shiraz,

Just got your message I'm glad to say - I'll reply via email now.

Kind regards,

Ocean One

Offline RedTulip

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 25 December 15 20:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi shiraz,

Do you know anything about the younger siblings of Kath Connolly (born Seery)? Especially Annie (Nano) Farrell (born Seery) 1901-1986 and her children?  She married Patrick Farrell who died in 1960. 

Thanks.

Offline RedTulip

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 25 December 15 21:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ocean One.
My father George Connolly was with James Seery in the ICA City Hall Garrison, under the command of my uncle Captain Sean Connolly. My father and your grandfather were part of the detachment of six men under the command of Tom Kain who captured the  guard room at the upper Castle yard. They went on the run together after the surrender and my father hid out at a Seery house. Not sure if it was in your grandfather's home or somewhere else.  My father later married Kathleen Seery...she was a daughter of Mary Anne Seery (nee Brady) who was related to Patrick Pearse's mother. I'm trying to find out what was your father's relationship to my Grandmother and also the Pearse connection. If you can throw any light on this situation I'd be grateful.

Regards   Shiraz

Could the "Seery House" you mention have been 12 Corporation Street where Daniel Seery was living (it looks like the house had some connection to Phil Shanahan according to the census)?

Offline Shiraz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 26 December 15 08:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi Red Tulip
Number 12 Corporation Street was originally the home of Phil Shanahan and was purchased by the Seery's. In the Seery family, Kathleen was the eldest,I'm not quite sure of the sequence  but there were Daniel, Walter, Christopher,Patrick and the girls were Anne (Nano) Mary was married to ( Joe Ryan and they had three children),Dinah ,who was the youngest, she was married to Paddy Proctor, who was in the RAF during the war, they had three children, Maureen, Carmel and Patrick. You ask about Nano's children she had four children, Kathleen who married Peter Gaffney and went to live in America, next was Patrick (Patsy) who was a crane driver and married Agnes (?) I think they had three or four childrenn, next was Daniel (Danny) I think had 4 children the eldest being Damien who is an Independent County Councillor in Dublin. Finally Eamonn who was married and lived in Malahide, I think he may have had 2 children, but he died very young from a massive heart attack.  Come back to me if you need any more information. Shiraz

Offline RedTulip

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Saturday 26 December 15 08:45 GMT (UK) »
That's great Shiraz thank you, that's been really helpful. I think I may have got a bit confused between Mary Ryan and Annie Farrell, two of the sisters.  Annie Farrell stayed at 12 Corporation Street and her children were born there I think.  Can I send you a follow up message privately?