Author Topic: Lamberhurst Kent  (Read 4667 times)

Offline jeanharris

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Lamberhurst Kent
« on: Thursday 28 April 05 10:36 BST (UK) »
Has anyone have family from Lamberhurst?I have got back to 1729 with Bridger Marsh born Lamberhurst.Love to find connnection to other family from there.
          Regards Jean.
Illman-Sussex,Surrey and Kent. Marsh -Kent. Pack -Kent. Rolfe- Kent.  McClelland -Londonderry, Harris- Norfolk. Oakey, Okey- Ely Camb. Mott -Suffolk. Twin- Essex,Topley- Kent,Filmer- Kent,Harvey- Kent.Ward Kent.

Offline auk

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Lamberhurst Kent
« Reply #1 on: Friday 10 October 08 14:59 BST (UK) »
Re Bridgers Lamberhurst.
My wife was a Bridger, her family has been traced back to Goudhurst. A brother Richard Bridger bn 1716 Goudhurst married Mary Baldwin in Lamberhurst 1739. He died Lamberhurst 1792.
Auk

Offline jeanharris

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 11 October 08 03:52 BST (UK) »
Hi Auk.
Thanks for that,maybe a connection to my Bridger Marsh!I know he was not born in Lamberhurst, parish records have been checked.He married Hannah Giles there in 1760.She was born in Pembury in 1740.
Do you have any of your family marrying a Marsh or anyone called Avis in your tree?
                Jean.
Illman-Sussex,Surrey and Kent. Marsh -Kent. Pack -Kent. Rolfe- Kent.  McClelland -Londonderry, Harris- Norfolk. Oakey, Okey- Ely Camb. Mott -Suffolk. Twin- Essex,Topley- Kent,Filmer- Kent,Harvey- Kent.Ward Kent.

Offline jeanharris

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 11 October 08 06:32 BST (UK) »
Hi Auk.
Thanks for that,maybe a connection to my Bridger Marsh!I know he was not born in Lamberhurst, parish records have been checked.He married Hannah Giles there in 1760.She was born in Pembury in 1740.
Do you have any of your family marrying a Marsh or anyone called Avis in your tree?
                Jean.

Offline auk

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 11 October 08 13:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Jean,
My earliest Bridger is a Jacob his wife was Mary ?, they were the parents of  John chrst in 1656.  John married Margaret Reynolds in 1677. They had eight children, John, Edward,Thomas,Richard,Francis, James and Elizabeth.
John married Elizabeth Pauke, they had nine children, one of whom was the Richard I mentioned yesterday. I do not have any Avis, or Marsh mentioned,but I have only followed the direct line, apart from the Richard in Lamberhurst.
Does any of the above tie in with you.
Regards,
Auk

Offline jeanharris

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 12 October 08 05:32 BST (UK) »
Hi Auk.
Thanks for that but look like no really connection to my Bridger Marsh who is a real brickwall in mine and many other trees.
I aways thought there was a connection to a Marsh family from Edburton Sussex where I found an Ann Bridger married a John Marsh and they did have a son called Bridger but he was born in 1706 too early to be my Bridger.
Well I will have to keep looking!
          Thanks again Jean.

Offline auk

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 12 October 08 13:32 BST (UK) »
Hi Jean.
Many thanks. Best of luck with you research. If I find them I will be in touch.
Auk

Offline optimus133

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 16 September 11 14:51 BST (UK) »
Hi Jean, My great grandfather  was Willliam bridger marsh born around 1838 who was married to a Alice Elizabeth Harris. They had 3 children.
william b.marsh
frank e marsh
Herbert bedwell who married Ellen Willows.they had 3 children
Lillan.born around 1914 died at age 15 mths
Ronald herbert marsh born 1919 eventually moved to toronto Canada
norman charles marsh born around 1925 toronto canada

Offline jeanharris

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 17 September 11 05:23 BST (UK) »
Hi.
Optimus.
We are family!
Will send you a PM.

Regards Jean.