Author Topic: Lamberhurst Kent  (Read 4675 times)

Offline Jan Prit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Lamberhurst Kent
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 27 May 21 09:03 BST (UK) »
Hello all, found that my ancestor Thomas Marsh 6/2/1763 Lamberhurst Kent he married a Mary Woollett 7/11/1785 Marden Kent, his parents are Bridger Marsh and Hannah Giles they married 28/9/1760 by banns. There is a Descendants of Bridger Marsh on the Web starting from him and going onwards. Some of these entries on Ancestry really don't connect with my searches however. :-[

Regards,
Janet :-[

Offline jeanharris

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 27 May 21 09:16 BST (UK) »
Hi Jan.
We are family!
My direct line is from Thomas Marsh and Mary Woollet.
Thomas was the son of Bridger and Hannah Marsh nee Giles.
I have lots on the Giles family but not found Bridger’s parents but I think there is a connection to a Marsh family from Edburton Sussex.
Edward son of Thomas and Mary is my direct line....what is yours?
I hope if you tell me more I could help.
Regards Jean Harris nee Marsh.
Illman-Sussex,Surrey and Kent. Marsh -Kent. Pack -Kent. Rolfe- Kent.  McClelland -Londonderry, Harris- Norfolk. Oakey, Okey- Ely Camb. Mott -Suffolk. Twin- Essex,Topley- Kent,Filmer- Kent,Harvey- Kent.Ward Kent.

Offline Jan Prit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 27 May 21 09:36 BST (UK) »
Evening Jean (my mothers name) great to receive your message, I only searched this family today, I am trying to finish and close them. I have been searching for over 20 years and (3 computers) and still going, I have been in contact with so many great people, my line is 90 percent English and Irish at the bottom. I am also connected with the late actress Olivia De Haviland. I think my Edward is different as I am connected to Sgt. Edward Marsh who was in the Defense forces in India his son James Marsh came to Australia and settled and married a Charlotte Dewberry. My Edward was born.or baptized on the 4/10/1795 he came from Marsden Kent he married in Bangalore India in 1822 and died 23/6/1831 Poonamallee India. I have all his records and baptisms, connecting baptisms is sometimes the hardest to find :-[ I need to correct this I maybe wrong, I know a few posting on Ancestry are wrong. keep in touch, time for dinner. :-[

Regards,
Janet :-\

Offline jeanharris

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 27 May 21 09:59 BST (UK) »
Have sent you a PM.
Illman-Sussex,Surrey and Kent. Marsh -Kent. Pack -Kent. Rolfe- Kent.  McClelland -Londonderry, Harris- Norfolk. Oakey, Okey- Ely Camb. Mott -Suffolk. Twin- Essex,Topley- Kent,Filmer- Kent,Harvey- Kent.Ward Kent.