Author Topic: Hannah Fitzpatrick Murphy  (Read 1571 times)

Offline ryk102

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hannah Fitzpatrick Murphy
« on: Sunday 05 June 11 15:21 BST (UK) »
Looking for marriage information on Hannah (Johanna?)Fitzpatrick Murphy (born Kilkenny - 1866). 1901 Census has Hannah living with mother Mary Fitzpatrick in Castlejohn. 1911 Census has Hannah married to Edward Neill and living in the same house in Castlejohn.
I can't find any reference of 1st marriage to a gentleman named ???? Murphy (most likely in Carrick-on-Suir about 1885/1886). Children of that marriage are listed in the 1901 Census as sons and daughters of Hannah Murphy and again 1911 Census as stepsons and stepdaughters of Edward Neill.
Any help in determining the 1st name of Hannah's 1st husbund would be greatly aooreciated.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Hannah Fitzpatrick Murphy
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 05 June 11 15:26 BST (UK) »
Here's the previous thread on the family-
www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,535740.msg3897531.html

Birth certificates for any of the Murphy children will list their father's name and occupation.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Cinders59

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Hannah Fitzpatrick Murphy
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 11 April 20 17:16 BST (UK) »
I have Hannah O'Neill living with her Mother Mary Fitzpatrick.
My Hannah was born Anne St Leger, in Kilkenny workhouse, she married my ggrandfather Michael Murphy had 8 Murphy children then married Edmond O'Neill and had further children
4 children came to Wales. 2 went to USA 1 dies in ww1 and the rest stayed in Ireland.
My hannah name changed over the years from Anne to Hannah to Johanna.
All children born in Castlejohn

Hannah mother Mary Butler never married hannah father but did marry a Partick Fitzpatrick later
I dont know if we have the same family