Author Topic: 1841 1851 census look up please  (Read 4028 times)

Offline cardiff Irish

• RootsChat Member
  • Fuair mé nuair nach maibh mé ag cúrdach
    • View Profile
1841 1851 census look up please
« on: Thursday 28 April 05 13:14 BST (UK) »
Hi, I have finally made a breakthrough with another line of mine. Could sks please look up a Thomas Preece and his wife Susannah? They would be in the Hentland, Hoarwithy or Harewood area of Hef. in 1841 possibly Mary (my gx2) and a Henry? with them. Many thanks     ps I also have a John Merrick with mother Ann in Bridstow area for 1841. (hopefully) best regards,Kevin.       I can offer 1871 1891 and 1901 for Hef. is anyone is interested

Offline bagpuss

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 1851 census look up please
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 28 April 05 16:00 BST (UK) »
Hello Kevin,

Have you ages for them?

Regards
Sue
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Wilson - Coleorton Leicesershire/ Swadlincote Derbyshire.
Bundy - Ross Herefordshire/ Birmingham
Dugdale - Isle of Man

Offline cardiff Irish

• RootsChat Member
  • Fuair mé nuair nach maibh mé ag cúrdach
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 28 April 05 18:00 BST (UK) »
Hello Sue, This line of my family have given me the most grief. All through the various censuses their ages differ....... John Merrick in 1841 should be around 16 but could differ either way by 5 years. His mother Ann unless she married should be 45 + or - 5..... Thomas Preece and wife Susannah could be again 45 + or - 5. Thomas and Susannah may have had children Henry and Caroline as well as Mary. Mary could be 16 around 1841 again + or - 5 years. I wish I could be more exact. My GG Grandmother Mary Preece had an illegitimate child (eliza) aged around 3 in 1851. All i can say for sure is that none of them ventured too far away from Hentland/ Harewood area. In later years they ended up in Ross. Many thanks Sue...... if you can come up with anything I'd be delighted......particularly from 1841. Best regards,Kevin.

Offline daljul

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 13 January 18 08:17 GMT (UK) »
Hello

I am helping a friend with her family history and I have her possible GG Grandparents as Thomas Preece and Susannah Fox. Does your research show that they had a son William who married Martha Woodhouse in 1843 at Llanwarne Herefordshire. William was not with them on the 1841 census but it would appear that this is the family in 1851. I think the Thomas shown as Lodger is William's father.

1851 census address Private Houses, Garn Vach, Aberystruth, Bedwelty, Monmouthshire
William Preece Head Married 40 1821 Hosler Herefordshire, England    
Martha Preece Wife Married 42 1819 St Weonards, Herefordshire, England    
Mary Preece Daughter Unmarried 12 1849 Nantyglo, Monmouthshire, Wales.

Thomas Preece Lodger 1796 55 Henllan, Herefordshire
Susannah Preece Lodger 57 Bodenlan, Herefordshire
Caroline Preece Daughter 23 Little Due Church, Herefordshire
Mary Preece Daughter 21 Little Due Church, Herefordshire
Eliza Preece Grand Daughter 0 Llanwen, Herefordshire

I am trying to establish whether Eliza Preece illeg. daughter of Mary was the one that married John Davis 1876 in Ross, although on the marriage Eliza shows her father as William Preece.