Author Topic: Presteigne. John Newill/Nowel/Newell 1771.  (Read 2782 times)

Offline amberly

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Presteigne. John Newill/Nowel/Newell 1771.
« on: Wednesday 08 June 11 01:46 BST (UK) »
Could someone please do a look up for me of the above gentleman who I beleive was born in 1771 in Presteigne, to find his birth date & who his parents were?
I beleive he was probably related to the Newell family who owned the hardware store on Broad St for several generations.
Thank you so much,
Amberly
Roberts,Guilsfield area, Mont.    Beattie, Welshpool, Mont         Newill, Welshpool & Shrops.      Gwyther, London.                    Cureton, Shrops & London.       Whitfield, Shrops.                        Dickin, Shrops & Mont.               Barker, London.

Offline Reacher64

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Presteigne. John Newill/Nowel/Newell 1771.
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 18 June 14 23:37 BST (UK) »
I wonder whether John was related to my forebear, Hugh Richard, born in 1764 or 1771?  I have been unable to find any information before the 1840 Census on him or his two wives, Elizabeth ? and Grace Taylor, even though they were all supposed to have been local.

Offline amberly

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 19 June 14 01:38 BST (UK) »
I eventually found that my John Newill was bap 12th Mar 1771 at St Martin's Birmingham & d in 1846 in Welshpool, having m Elizabeth Hekin of Worthen & she also d in Welshpool. John's parents were Joseph Newill & Ann Kimberly m 5 Sept 1763 at St Martin's Birmingham.  I don't have any reason to believe they were related to the Presteigne Newills now but who knows they may have been???   I'll see what I can find on Hugh Richard because I believe I came across him in my earlier research. Amberly.
Roberts,Guilsfield area, Mont.    Beattie, Welshpool, Mont         Newill, Welshpool & Shrops.      Gwyther, London.                    Cureton, Shrops & London.       Whitfield, Shrops.                        Dickin, Shrops & Mont.               Barker, London.

Offline Reacher64

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 19 June 14 10:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Amberley, thanks so much for that - as you know, it's so frustrating being stuck at a dead-end.  Some of my problems are because they were Methodists!  Best regards, Melissa