Author Topic: King family in Kent  (Read 7198 times)

Offline casalguidi

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: King family in Kent
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 18 June 11 11:09 BST (UK) »
would really appreciate some insight into why the full Reference number is stated invalid when using the Nat Archives site?

Because they're not yet fully indexed on there yet.  WO 97/3232 would be the number of the box or film containing the documents ie. discharge papers King E to King G 1883 to 1900.  The last number would, I assume, be the number of the individual soldiers' record within that box or microfilm.  When I last used them (a long, long time ago lol) they were boxes so there were no latter numbers, one just searched through the whole box but they have since been filmed.

Casalguidi :)
Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Mort29

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 18 June 11 11:40 BST (UK) »
thanks again CasalGuidi  :)

does explain a comment I saw on the site about using a link on the Scope/Content page to view electronically - not that I can find that either.

Pity then that the Reference was given without the explanation, as I assume the OP would like to access the '8 pages of his Army Service Records - The National Archives reference: WO97 / 3232 / 131' or perhaps the site that holds that info that Roger has access to?

Offline tess59

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 19 June 11 10:09 BST (UK) »
hi all yes george died here my grandfather lived to be a great age and had a great memory the word sailor came from another member of the family they said he was a sailor befor he came to ireland doubt that one so much information i am so greatfull to you all i will try to see if any of it is my george thanks again tess

Offline casalguidi

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 19 June 11 10:39 BST (UK) »
Hi Tess, if you have the correct marriage certificate which lists his regiment then the information Grandarog gives on reply 7 above IS your man.  It would also fit with "Maidstone" as Sutton Valence is a village near Maidstone.

Casalguidi :)
Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline tess59

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 21 June 11 14:40 BST (UK) »
hi tess here yes correct cert for georges marriage says he was 24 in 1882 reg 97th west kent barracks at time beggars bush dublin wifes name his dads name as george job as gate keeper  also his wifes dads name on cert so i have right george here would like to thank you all again and grandarog think that might be the one just have to see where i go from here now still lots of kings to be found ha ha again thanks all tess59

Offline MaureeninNY

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 21 September 12 13:17 BST (UK) »
Hope it's OK to post this here but this thread:
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,616332.msg4650896.html#msg4650896

seems to be locked.

It looks to me as though George KING (son of George and Eliza nee SAGE) was actually born as George King SAGE  Jun qtr 1857  Hollingbourn.

Maureen

Offline Marpatch

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 23 June 13 06:28 BST (UK) »

I'm looking for further details on George King and his wife Susan. I would like to know Susannah's maiden name and Georges parents. Any help would be appreciated.
See details on 1841 Cenus.
1841 census transcription details for: Henry Street Or Devonshire Place, Woolwich, Greenwich
National Archive Reference:
RG number: H0107
Piece: 493
Book/Folio: 319
Page: 12
Reg. District: Greenwich
Sub District: Woolwich Dockyard
Parish: Woolwich
Enum. District:
Ecclesiastical District:
CitylMunicipal Borough: Greenwich
Address: Henry Street Or Devonshire Place, Woolwich, Greenwich
County: Kent
Name Relation Sex Age Birth Year Occupation Where Born
KING, George M 45 1796
KING Susanna F 30 1811 Kent
KING, James M 10 1831 Kent
KING, William M 8 1833 Kent
KING, Charles M 6 1835 Kent
KING, Joseph M 4 1837 Kent
KING, Susannah F 0 (5 months) 1841 Kent
RAWHUSON. Richard M 25 1816
RAWHUSON. Ann F 20 1821
EASLY, Samuel M 50 1791 Kent
EASLY, Sarah F 55 1786 Kent1851 census transcription details for: 12, Lower Harding Street, Woolwich, Greenwich