Author Topic: Marriage in Inch, Wigtownshire FERGUSON/MILLAR  (Read 3795 times)

Offline burklegs

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Marriage in Inch, Wigtownshire FERGUSON/MILLAR
« on: Monday 13 June 11 17:10 BST (UK) »
I have a 1821 marriage in Inch, Wigton between John Ferguson b. Ireland and Shusannah Millar. I have found her birth with parents names but can't find John's parents. Would a fuller account of the marriage in Inch be accessible anywhere? Hoping to see names of his parents.
Any suggestions?

Offline Jessie 46

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage in Inch, Wigtownshire FERGUSON/MILLAR
« Reply #1 on: Monday 13 June 11 19:15 BST (UK) »
Hi,
     If you found the marriage on the IGI it will be accessible on Scotlands Peoples website
 it will cost about £1:00 to down load a copy. Don't be disheartened if there is not much information on it sometimes it only gives the names of the couple and when they were married .
If  you can find Shussanah's death after 1855 it will tell you if John is still alive then you will be able to find his . On this cert. it will give you hopefully his parents names and his fathers occupation.

Good luck
Jessie

Offline burklegs

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 13 June 11 19:19 BST (UK) »
I have his death date from an inscription on a memorial stone. It says he died Feb. 20 1879 in Penninghame, Wigtownshire (probably Newton Stewart). Are those death certificates also on Scotlands People?

Offline Jessie 46

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 13 June 11 19:28 BST (UK) »
Hi ,
    Yes they are .It will cost £7:00 for 30 credits and altogether 6 credits  to see the actual certificate .The other credits you

can use another time if there are other searches you wish to make . Can't remember of hand but they keep for a long time.

It should have his parents on it exactly where he died cause of death his occupation whether his wife is still alive and who

registered his death and sometimes their address .Please let me know how you get on it is a very simple site to use.

Cheers

Jessie
Added I have just noticed you have another thread running on  this couple . You will be able to access all these other deaths from the MI on SP  .
Cheers,
Jessie

Offline burklegs

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 13 June 11 20:47 BST (UK) »
Well that was certainly worth the $10 investment (or whaterve 7 Pounds equals) Thanks for suggesting that I look at it on SP because not only did it have his father's name and occupation but his mother's name and her father's name too if I am interpreting it correctly. (It was a little more difficult because it looks like his mother's married name and maiden name are both Ferguson. )

I had all the family's death dates from a MI in Penninghame but this moves me up the ladder one more step. Thanks again. cm

Offline Jessie 46

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 13 June 11 21:22 BST (UK) »
Hi,
     As you work your way along from left to right
columns. 1. his name whether he is married  or a widower and occupation

2. date of death time and where he died and his usual address.
3. His sex
4 Age.
5. Then this is his parents  names his fathers  occupation and whether he is deceased or not and his mother and her maiden
name and whether she is  dec. or not.
6. cause of death and the name of the doctor.
7. the name and sometimes the address of who registered the death and if they couldn't write there mark.
8. where and when the death was registered and the name of the register.

Hope this clears it up for you.
Cheers,
Jessie