Author Topic: Dalbeattie, Urr and Buittle family gravestone search request  (Read 3834 times)

Offline capritt

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Dalbeattie, Urr and Buittle family gravestone search request
« on: Thursday 16 June 11 04:25 BST (UK) »
Hi all
I live in Australia so obviously can not do this myself but was wondering if someone can help. I have already checked the kirkyard website and cannot find my relatives MI's there. The following direct line ancestors died in Dalbeattie, Urr or Buittle and I would love photos of gravestones or further information if possible: -

William Kinnay (sometimes spelt Kinna, McKinna etc) died 20 Oct 1871 in Dalbeattie
Mary Kinnay nee Irving (sometimes spelt Irvine) died  3 Aug 1868 in Dalbeattie
William's father was a John Kinnay (a tailor) and his mother Margaret Carnan (according to William's death cert) - would love to know death dates and where buried.
Mary's father was Robert Irving and her mother Mary Sloan. I believe Mary Sloan died 11 nov 1836 in Southwick but not conclusive and Robert Irving died 18 Feb 1859 in Dalbeattie.

William and Mary Kinnay had a child named James Tait Kinnay born 23 Mar 1824 in Dalbeattie and baptised 1 April 1824 in Palnackie. No further record of him is found and as another child was born in 1844 named James I assume he died as a child. Would love to know death date and where buried.

I am hoping that finding these graves may lead to further information about missing relatives and dates etc so would appreciate any help you can provide.
Regards and with thanks
Abigail
Yabsley - Devon, Australia
Ryder - Devon, Australia
Kinnay - Scotland, America, Australia (also Kinna, Kinney and Kinny)
Elliot - Plympton, Devon

Offline LisaK271

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Dalbeattie, Urr and Buittle family gravestone search request
« Reply #1 on: Monday 12 December 11 17:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi Abigail,

Your best bet would be to phone the council office in Castle Douglas as the have the records for the cemeteries in that area. If you have luck in locating the graves, let me know if any are in Dalbeattie cemetery and I can look them up and take photos for you next time I'm there. I do have the number somewhere but not to hand, and the name of the lady you need to speak to. Not much use am I, but wanted to respond to your message.
Lisa

Offline LisaK271

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Dalbeattie, Urr and Buittle family gravestone search request
« Reply #2 on: Monday 12 December 11 17:59 GMT (UK) »
Right then, the lady you need to speak to is Charlotte and she is at the Abercrombie Depot of the council offices. The telephone number is 01556502327. Not sure what the number would be from Australia. Good luck :o)