Author Topic: Albert Moore Pepper - Photographer  (Read 3131 times)

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Albert Moore Pepper - Photographer
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 18 June 11 11:38 BST (UK) »
You're Welcome Darryl...That was the only image I could find...but people with a more local knowledge on the North Yorks. board may be able to give you more info.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline PippiLongstocking

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 08 March 20 00:04 GMT (UK) »
Just happened across your post re Alfred Moore Pepper. He was my great-grandfather. My dad was the person who provided the photograph of Scarborough to the newspaper. Are you still looking for information about him?

Offline Darryl Nugent

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 08 March 20 13:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Thanks for your contact.
I am keen to find out more about the "Scarborough" Peppers, including Alfred Moore Pepper.
My link with the Pepper family is through my uncle, Arthur Nugent. Arthur married Mary Jane Pepper (Ginnie) in Ecclesfield, Yorkshire. Ginnie's great grandfather Robert Pepper  (1797-1841)was also Alfred Moore Pepper's grandfather. I understand that Alfred's father, Robert (1824-1893) was born in Wentworth, Rotherham and became a solicitor's clerk and move to Scarborough. I am keen to find out anything about this branch of the family especially where they are buried.
Robert Pepper d.1893; Charlotte (Fox) Pepper d.1884; Herbert Fox Pepper d.1895 Lancashire?; Percy Holden Pepper d.1878; Percy Kimberley Pepper d.1982; Rose Kathleen Pepper d.1986 (I assume that they were your parents?).
If you need any info on the Ecclesfield/Sheffield Peppers, I will share any I have.
Regards
Darryl Nugent

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 08 March 20 13:53 GMT (UK) »
There is this:
Transcript of the entry for the Post Office, professions ... - GENUKIwww.genuki.org.uk › YKS › NRY › Scarborough › Scarborough90Dry
 Rowntree, Esq., 12 Ramshill road, Scarborough, and National Liberal ... 2 and 3 Bow street; Alfred Rawling and William Atkinson, hon. secretaries ... Pepper A. M., photographer, 113 Victoria road; Pepper The Misses Eliza, ...

https://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/YKS/NRY/Scarborough/Scarborough90Dry

Bulmer's Trade Directory 1890...

From the List at the very bottom of the page:

Pepper A. M., photographer, 113 Victoria road
Pepper The Misses Eliza, Jane, and Margt. A., 36 Trafalgar square
Pepper James W., market clerk, 6 Milton ter
Pepper S., builder, Hope street; h 57 North Marine road

Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Darryl Nugent

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 09 March 20 09:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Thanks for the info and link. I would think that being a photographer at a holiday resort would have provided a good income. Do you know if the "Misses Pepper" mentioned in Bulmers were related to Alfred? I have also been trying to find out Alfred's whereabouts in the 1901 Census without any luck. Do you have any idea where he was?
In my previous reply I referred to Percy Kimberley Pepper d.1982; Rose Kathleen Pepper d.1986 as your parents - I should have said grandparents.
Darryl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 14 March 20 10:30 GMT (UK) »
Hello again, I have quite a lot of info on some lines of our family tree. My dad and uncle did quite a lot of work on it. I will try to dig out some paperwork tomorrow. A quick one to answer though is that Percy Kimberley and Rose Kathleen Pepper are buried and have a headstone at Woodlands Crematorium, Scarborough. A start.....
Claire

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 14 March 20 11:16 GMT (UK) »
Just so I know what to look for. Are you interested in photographs of people, places or mainly just dates and who was where?

Offline Darryl Nugent

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 14 March 20 12:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Thanks again. I plan to visit the east coast this summer and will make of point of visiting Woodlands. I suspect there may be others buried there.
Re the photos. I always try to have some photos/documents for each member on my family tree. It bring them to life rather than have bare details of a name and dates.
Any info of the "Ecclesfield" Peppers I have I am happy to share.
Thanks
Darryl