Author Topic: Sarah Elizabeth KEMP  (Read 3956 times)

Offline cynn

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Sarah Elizabeth KEMP
« on: Saturday 18 June 11 22:09 BST (UK) »
Hi I'm new here so hope I'm posting this in the right place. :-\ 
I'm looking for the birth date of Sarah Elizabeth Kemp in Cockfield, Suffolk, and trying to find out who her parents were.  I know she married John Vincent in St James Church, Bury St Edmunds on 24/2/1827 so guess she will probably have been born around the first ten years of the century.
Also, I know that John Vincent was born in or around 1805 in Bury St Edmunds, but need to find his parents too.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
cynn  :)
Shortland,(Cambridge and Surrey) Wooton,(Norfolk and Cambridge) Vincent and Kemp(Suffolk) in England
Campion, Duncan, Costello & Roane in Ireland and India
Fredericks, Rodrigues, Smith, Kelly, Hussey, Gunther and Peacock in India and ???

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Sarah Elizabeth KEMP
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 18 June 11 22:30 BST (UK) »
Hi and welcome to Rootschat

The 1851 shows Sarah as 46 so her birthdate is also around 1805

The IGI Pilot website has a christening for a Sarah Elizabeth Kemp on 1.7.1806 but it's in Cavendish - parents John & Ann

https://www.familysearch.org/
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline cynn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 18 June 11 23:16 BST (UK) »
Hi Carole and many thanks for the speedy reply.  I had seen that birth at Cavendish in Familysearch, but Sarah states on both the 51 and the 61 census that she was born in Cockfield, which seems very specific. :-\ 
Clutching at straws, I even checked that Cockfield has a church in case they had to travel to one at Cavendish, but it does. ;)
Thanks again.
Shortland,(Cambridge and Surrey) Wooton,(Norfolk and Cambridge) Vincent and Kemp(Suffolk) in England
Fredericks, Rodrigues, Smith, Kelly, Hussey, Gunther and Peacock in India and ???

Offline Suffolk Mawther

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • William & Eliza Fulker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 19 June 11 10:38 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat Cynn,

If you ever need to check the parish churches (and pretty much each parish/village has a parish church, some may have a non-conformist chapel too) go to

www.suffolkchurches.co.uk

and you will find all the parish churches and a great many of the other churches throughout the county.  (Simon has covered Norfolk on his bike too).  ;D

Pat ...
Every time I find an ancestor,
I have to find two more!

SUFFOLK - Pendle, Stygall, Pipe, Fruer, Bridges, Fisk, Bellamy, Sparham - all link to  Framlingham 
DERBY - Bridges and Frost (originally Framlingham/Parham)
NOTTINGHAM - Lambert & Selby
BERKSHIRE/then Hammersmith LDN - Fulker
LDN/MDX - Murray, Clancy, Broker, Hoskins, Marsden, Wilson, Sale

GGfather Michael Wilson born Cork, lived Fulham London - moved to Boston USA 1889, what happened next?

Offline cynn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 19 June 11 12:30 BST (UK) »
Thanks Pat.  What a lovely site.   Now all I need are the records from St Peter's Cockfield.  ;)

Offline Suffolk Mawther

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • William & Eliza Fulker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 19 June 11 12:41 BST (UK) »
I have checked the Parish Register Look Ups Exchange and unfortunately there is no one for the parish of Cockfield.  You can purchase fiche of the PRs from the SRO, and you need only buy the records that you wish to research - not the whole set.

However, I am sure a kind Rootschatter will be able to help out when they next visit a branch of the SRO at either Ipswich, Bury St Edmunds or Lowestoft  :D

Pat ...
Every time I find an ancestor,
I have to find two more!

SUFFOLK - Pendle, Stygall, Pipe, Fruer, Bridges, Fisk, Bellamy, Sparham - all link to  Framlingham 
DERBY - Bridges and Frost (originally Framlingham/Parham)
NOTTINGHAM - Lambert & Selby
BERKSHIRE/then Hammersmith LDN - Fulker
LDN/MDX - Murray, Clancy, Broker, Hoskins, Marsden, Wilson, Sale

GGfather Michael Wilson born Cork, lived Fulham London - moved to Boston USA 1889, what happened next?

Offline cynn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 19 June 11 12:50 BST (UK) »
Thanks Pat.  Fingers crossed someone feels kind. ;) Otherwise I feel a holiday in Suffolk coming on. :D