Author Topic: Hambridge family from ireland to england  (Read 11962 times)

Offline charlie43

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Hambridge family from ireland to england
« Reply #18 on: Friday 27 June 14 14:14 BST (UK) »
Kirsty -

I have been researching my mothers side of the family (Hambridge) off and on (more off than on) for many years now. from my research and other information the majority of the Hambridge clan/ family/ kin  were from / came from Yeovil, Somerset county, England and were involved in the Glove business. 

If you want, or would like, to share your Hambridge information let me know via a PM.     

Thanks.

yn9man

Hi don't know how to personal message but trying to trace family roots for Hambridge.

Offline charlie43

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 27 June 14 14:16 BST (UK) »
i was told that my great grandad william hambridge camed from ireland some where in or around tipperary

If you are absolutely certain that William did come from Ireland, I suggest you look on the 1901/1911 Ireland census.  http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/ I had a quick look, but couldn't see a suitable William Hambridge.  Of course, that could just mean that he wasn't indexed for some reason or because he was already over in England.

Hi Kirsty I am looking into my family tree ( Hambridge). I know that my great great great grandfather was William ( married to Ann) Hambridge and was a boatman who came froom Eynsham and ran the 3 horseshoes pub in Thrupp, Oxfordshire.

However, I wouldn't disregard the William and Sarah Ann that I found on the 1911 census (and I'm not saying this just because I found them  ;) )  There are so many coincedences about them, that I think it is worth keeping them on the back burner.  I don't know whether you looked at the census image for the family, but 2 of the children have a name which is very suggestive of a Hambridge/Thompson union.

Offline Matthewwdhambridge

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 11 July 17 15:55 BST (UK) »
My name is Matthew William Dennis Hambridge. My dad was Dennis Hambridge and they was all part of the canal family in Coventry my grandad's name was William Hambridge

Offline Matthewwdhambridge

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 11 July 17 16:04 BST (UK) »
Rootschat isn't a forum for tracing living relatives and we aren't allowed to post details of anyone who might still be alive but looks like William Hambridge is dead.

William Hambridge born 14 Dec.1913, died Feb.1993 (age 79) Coventry district
this is my grand dad

Offline jane harrison

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 13 July 17 08:38 BST (UK) »
My name is Matthew William Dennis Hambridge. My dad was Dennis Hambridge and they was all part of the canal family in Coventry my grandad's name was William Hambridge
Hello Kirsty I gave you some info about 3/4 years ago good to see you are still plodding on in your research.
 Matthewwdhambridge
 I think we may be distantly related as I have some living Hambridge's  in my tree who are ex working boatmen & live in Coventry  also have Harrison ,Humphries  ,Lane , Carter plus more in Coventry who are all connected to the working boatmen

Offline kirsty.foreman

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 21 November 17 15:11 GMT (UK) »
Dear Mathew I think your my cousin
I have your grandad birth certificate my grandad had other siblings there names was Fred oliva and Evelyn hambridge my grandad was Joseph Samuel hambridge born wharf braunston 20th of April 1915 and died in Brentford middlesex July 17th 1992 he married my nan Hannah walker they had 5 children 3 boys 2 girls Ronald joe Joyce and a boy kenny or Lenny one or the other he died as a baby then my mum Christine June hambridge.
My great grand parents names was William hambridge and Sarah Ann Thompson.
I hope this helps
From Kirsty laghaney   

William Hambridge born 14 Dec.1913, died Feb.1993 (age 79) Coventry district
[/quote] this is my grand dad
[/quote]

Offline kirsty.foreman

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 21 November 17 15:17 GMT (UK) »
[this is my grand dad
[/quote] I can't seem to private message you William but you can find me on facebook under Kirsty laghaney

Online familydar

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 21 November 17 15:55 GMT (UK) »
Much earlier than the HAMBRIDGEs "belonging" to other people here but I have a 1770 marriage of Ann HAMBIDGE (note without the "R" in the middle) in Gloucestershire.  I don't know whether HAMBIDGE and HAMBRIDGE are variants of the same name.  In 18th century GLS it seems to have been spelled consistently without the "R".

Jane :-)
ALLEN
BARR, BARRATT, BERRY, BRADLEY,BRAMLEY,BRISTOW,BROWN,BUGBIRD,BUTLER
CAIN,CARR,CHAPMAN,CHARLES,CH*LTON,CHESTER,COCKETT
COLLASON,COLLYER,CORKERY
DARLING, DENYER,DICKERSON,DOLLING,DURBAN
FARMER,FURNELL
GIBSON,GILES,GROOMBRIDGE
HALL,HAMBIDGE,HARMES,HART,HICKS,HILL,HOLLOWAY
JACKSON
K*AT*S
LANCASTER,LINTON
MCDONALD,MCFADEN,MEARS,MILLARD
NICOLAS,NOAK,NORTH
PARFIT,PORTER
RIPPINGALE,ROBINS
SEARLE,SPENCER,STEDHAM
TYLER,TILLY,TUCKWELL
WADE,WAGER,WALKER,WATSON,WEBB,WITHRINGTON,WOOD

Offline kirsty.foreman

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 07 February 18 20:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi my name is kirsty foreman.

I am looking for any info on william hambridge who camed from ireland and went to live in england.
He married sarah ann thompson and i dont no if she camed from ireland or england but what i do no is that william hambridge and sarah ann thompson had 2 boys called joseph samuel hambridge in 1915 in wharf branston england and william hambridge 1913 in wharf branston england.
My grandads family use to travel up and down the canal from brentford to birminham or branston delivering coal. my grandad joseph samuel hambridge married hannah walker in brentford 1949 they had children and i am there granchild. if u have any info on the hambridge family could you please let me no thank you :D ;) :)
hi there just to let you no I got William hambridge place of birth wrong as he is not from ireland tipperary I got it wrong my great grandad george herbert walker is from ireland tipperary so I still don't no where my great grandad William hambridge was born.