Author Topic: Robert Nutty b.1794  (Read 1958 times)

Offline Dubnut

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Robert Nutty b.1794
« on: Sunday 19 June 11 18:07 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Robert Nutty was born in Dublin, Ireland in 1794 and soon afterwards the family moved to Cork.  He married Matilda Waldrum in Nottingham in 1825 and as far as I know they had 11 children.  He lived the rest of his life in Nottinghamshire.  I would love to connect with someone who is also researching this family.

Offline Martin514

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Nutty b.1794
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 03 January 19 14:08 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

My name is Martin Nutty. I live in New York City but I'm originally from Dublin. I'm descended from John Nutty who was married in Cork in 1855. He was my GG Grandfather. His father is listed as James on his marriage registration. Since the name was quite uncommon in Cork, I expect both Robert and James were related and may not have been from Cork. I have not been able to establish their actual origin. There is evidence of other family members being present in the area in the first half of the 19th century - Cork City directories.

John's wedding to Johanna Cronin was most likely a mixed marriage. John appears to have been Protestant and Johanna Catholic. The wedding was registered civilly in 1855 as were most protestant marriages at the time in Ireland. Catholic marriages only began registration in 1866 I believe. The couple moved to Dublin sometime in the early 1860s. Children appear to have been baptized in both the catholic and protestant faiths which seems unusual to me

Happy to share more as needed

Martin

Offline copperbeech5

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 03 January 19 17:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi Martin,

Welcome to Rootschat, and Happy new year!

I had noticed from Dobnut's profile that they haven't been active on Rootschat since 20.3.15, so just wanted to say don't be put off if you don't get a reply!

Kind regards,
Copperbeech5
Hutchinson - Nottingham.
Rowland - Nottingham.
Parkin - Co Durham/Nottingham.
Gardiner/Gardner/Gardener - Co Durham.
Drake - Derbyshire/Lincolnshire/Sussex/London?
Leighton - Derbyshire.

Offline Dubnut

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 03 January 19 20:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi Martin,

It's Doreen here.  I sent you a message on Facebook earlier as I couldn't remember my password for this site but as you see I got it sorted.  If you email me I can fill in some blanks for you.

Glad to see you found both the Catholic & Protestant baptisms for John's children. I found that very interesting!  You will find the baptism for Robert's bpt 16 Nov.1794 in Dublin on the same site irishgenealogy.ie (church registers).

Look forward to hearing from you

Regards
Doreen

Offline Martin514

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 03 January 19 20:29 GMT (UK) »
Thanks copperbeech5, hopefully the message will be picked up, if not then maybe someone else may find it useful in the future.

I find the time stamping to be difficult to detect on posts. Am I misreading?

Martin

Offline copperbeech5

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 03 January 19 23:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi Martin,

Not sure what you mean about the time stamping, but you are in luck, you have had a reply from Dubnut!

Don't put your email on this page, but now you have 3 message+ under your belt if you click on Dubnut's name it will take you to a page for private conversation, and you can go from there!!

Good luck.

Copperbeech5
Hutchinson - Nottingham.
Rowland - Nottingham.
Parkin - Co Durham/Nottingham.
Gardiner/Gardner/Gardener - Co Durham.
Drake - Derbyshire/Lincolnshire/Sussex/London?
Leighton - Derbyshire.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 04 January 19 11:56 GMT (UK) »
The wedding was registered civilly in 1855 as were most protestant marriages at the time in Ireland. Catholic marriages only began registration in 1866 I believe.
Civil registration of non-Catholic marriages began in 1845 (this includes Registry Office ones) and registration of Catholic marriages in 1864.

I find the time stamping to be difficult to detect on posts. Am I misreading?
Not sure exactly what you mean but the date and time of each post is shown under the title in that post (example: Reply #270 on: Today at 10:25 »). You can also check to see when a member last logged into Rootschat by clicking on their name in the post which brings you to their profile page (example: https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=154884 last online 0:33 this morning)
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!