Author Topic: james fothergill mallerstang chr 1700  (Read 19651 times)

Offline cowenaaron

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: james fothergill mallerstang chr 1700
« Reply #9 on: Monday 28 November 11 16:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi James Fothergill married to Mary Parkin is my ancestors also directly. Ron what you have put is very interesting. Do you have any more further back?

Offline RonaldWLong

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 28 November 11 20:32 GMT (UK) »
HI:

I have the family pages for James' parents and grandparents and the will for Mary Parkin's father.  Let me know what you are interested in via a response to my e-mail.

Ron Long     

Moderator Comment:  Email address removed to prevent spamming and other abuse.  Please use our personal message system.  Click on the green scroll under the user name to access it.

Offline RonaldWLong

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 21 January 12 05:06 GMT (UK) »
AARON:  The earlier ancestors of Deepgill are shown in Richard Fothergill's 1st book.  I have several pages of scans if you're interested.  How do I send them through this forum?

Ron Long

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 21 January 12 08:25 GMT (UK) »
You can exchange email addresses by using our personal message system.  Click on the green scroll under the user name and follow instructions.
Regards
Andrea

Offline FELLSMAN

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 30 June 12 23:03 BST (UK) »
Does anybody know who the Widow Fothergill was that is mentioned in the hearth tax returns at Preston Patrick in 1674 living in a property belonging Thomas Sill .

In William Birkbecks will from 1698 a debt of 10 pounds was to be payed to a William Story  who i believe may have been a quaker from Preston patrick which I found on the www.storeysofold website thomas sill was mentioned in the wills of several families of storey in the preston patrick area along with several high profile early quakers.

James Fothergill 1700 's  granddaughter isabel fothergill married a Thomas Storey in 1799 and lived at Thrang House ,Mallerstang 'was this  storey related to william storey mentioned in the will in 1698.

cheers fellsman

Offline Bridgebabe

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 29 July 12 17:29 BST (UK) »
I have Isabell Fothergill d of James Fothergill ; she was christened  10 Mar 1732 in Kirkby Stephen,  and married Christopher Harker of Hartley 1 Mar 1760. (Got the dates from online records and cross-checked at Kendal archives.)  Would so welcome any information from further back in the line

Offline RonaldWLong

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 29 July 12 20:42 BST (UK) »
Hi:  I have two dates for Isabel 10 Mar 1732 & 18 Apr 1732 & arbitrarily assigned the second date as the chnristening.  Otherwise we agree.

Ron Long

Offline gratuation

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 20 February 14 10:52 GMT (UK) »
Hello, my ancestors are from the gravesnd fothergills my gg grandma was sarah fothergill born 1799. Some very clever family members have traced back to 1650 with a marke fothergill , we think marke may have been descended from the Ravenstone fothergills. I'm trying to find the first and second books on the fothergills to see if there is any mention of a marke , Anthony or Richard .
I had an email this morning and attached was a copy of a will 1733 of Anthony fothergill who it appears mentions property in Ravenstone , this is very exciting we have a lead back to yorkshire .

Any information would be very much appreciated

:)

Offline bous

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 01 June 14 05:32 BST (UK) »
The Isabel Fothergill who married Christopher Harker in 1760 (1 May) was actually the daughter of Robert, not Philip, Fothergill. She was baptised 22 April 1736, in Kirkby Stephen (as was her husband, on 16 Feb. 1736). It is hardly surprising, then, that two of their sons were baptised Robert.
Confirmation can be found in the academic paper "Appleby Goal, Onion Flatt (Waitby) and Robert Fothergill (1693-1779)" by Blake Tyson, in the Transactions of the Cumberland & Westmorland Antiquarian & Archaeological Society (2003) 3rd series, Vol. 3: 139-156. This wonderful paper mentions Fothergill's relationship to both Isabel and her husband, Christopher Harker, and some aspects of their life. Unfortunately, the best online link currently (1 June 2014) available seems to be http://books.google.ca/books?id=5JZnAAAAMAAJ&focus=searchwithinvolume&q=Isabel+ .