Author Topic: William Froggatt born c1781  (Read 1508 times)

Offline Sherbertrose

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
William Froggatt born c1781
« on: Tuesday 21 June 11 09:51 BST (UK) »
Hi I am try to find more information on William Froggatt. All I know about him is that he was born c1781 in Yorkshire (according to 1841 census and that he married Charlotte Uttley in  Wath - upon- Dearne, 9 Jun 1803. He died in 1846 and his date of death according  to NBI was 65.

I would like to know who his parents were. The problem I have is that he died before 1851 so all I know is that he was born in Yorkshire and on igi there are three William Froggatts born within 10 years of 1781(non baptised in Rotherham) yet there were 5 William Froggatts marrying within 10 years of 1803 (4 in Rotherham). I realise that two of these William's could have married more than once but unfortunately I  have not seen the parish entry for Wath to see if my William is recorded as widower.

There are no Eliz/Elizabeths or Susannah Froggatt's buried in Yorkshire during the time frame in question (according to NBI)

If any one has any information which would help with this request I would be most appreciative.

Sandra
Ibbotson, Mitchell, Metcalfe, Hulley, Carter, Burton, Rodgers, Staniforth, Mann

Offline KLM

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William Froggatt born c1781
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 28 June 11 12:16 BST (UK) »
The record shows that William was 'of this parish' on his marriage to Charlotte.Witnesses were John Froggatt and ? Utley.
The next on the certificate were Richard Hobson and Sarah Utley on 9/6/1803.The witnesses were the same as mentioned above.
Malone...Cheshire & Lancashire.Boswell...Bucks and Hunts.Lister...Yorkshire and Lancashire.

Offline Sherbertrose

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 28 June 11 18:13 BST (UK) »
Hi KLM,

Thank you for the information. This may be quite useful in the sense that John as a witness is likely to be a family member - possibly a brother.

Sandra
Ibbotson, Mitchell, Metcalfe, Hulley, Carter, Burton, Rodgers, Staniforth, Mann

Offline jvfroggatt

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 20 February 21 12:02 GMT (UK) »
The information I have in my tree for William Froggatt and Charlotte Uttley is that William was born 1775.  His parents were William Froggatt and Priscella Ragg. William and Priscella had another son John Froggatt (born 1779) who married Sarah Pepper.
My interest in William and Charlotte is they had a son John Froggatt (Born 1806) who married Mary Ann Ashforth who's sister  Hannah Amelia Ashforth married John Rhodes.  John Rhodes sister Anne Rhodes married another line of Froggatt's - John Froggatt (Born abt 1800) who is my 4th great grandfather.
William Froggatt, who married Priscella Ragg, father was William Froggatt and his mother was Hannah.