Author Topic: Headstone pictures CAMBUSNETHAN CHURCHYARD WISHAW  (Read 104109 times)

Offline Lodger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Headstone pictures CAMBUSNETHAN CHURCHYARD WISHAW
« Reply #225 on: Tuesday 08 September 20 09:49 BST (UK) »
David Littlejohn is in the same plot as Margaret, he was aged 64 years and was interred on 16th January 1884. The plot was owned by Archibald Littlejohn.
also in that plot is James aged 20 months, son of David & Margaret, interred 9th February 1872.
I seem to remember that I've given you this information already. The other son John, who was 18 years old, occupation "hostler" rings a bell. I think there was a discussion on the List concerning that occupation?
Paterson, Torrance, Gilchrist - Hamilton Lanarkshire. 
McCallum - Oban, McKechnie - Ross of Mull Argyll.
Scrim - Perthshire. 
Liddell - Polmont,
Binnie - Muiravonside Stirlingshire.
Curran, McCafferty, Stevenson, McCue - Co Donegal
Gibbons, Weldon - Co Mayo.
Devlin - Co Tyrone.
Leonard - County Donegal & Glasgow.

Offline ard

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: Tuesday 08 September 20 17:21 BST (UK) »
Thank you Forfarian and Skoosh for enlightening me on the state of military affairs at the time (and the link) - I will explore that more!
CNL.DVN:Knight;Jenkins;Bray;Harvey;West;Judd;Menhinnit;Griffin;Harding;Williams;Goman;Cock;Leach;Martin;Hewett.*KNT:Foster;Piper.*ESSX:Smith;Baker;Hawkins;Everitt;Spurgeon;Wellens. *MDX:Gruber;Shortland;Dukes;Cooper;Appelton;Watts;Hooper;Neale;Ricketts.*LCN:Burton;Blackburn;Walters;*SCOT:Blair;Dick;Stevenson;Williamson;Halliday;;Gilchrist;Leggat;Davies;Frew;Pollock;Richmond;Houston;McLachlan,Gemmel/Giemle,Clerk*NI:Ferguson;Boyd.*DEU:Gruber,Henne,Hohln(Württemberg)Hoffmann(Birkenfeld)

Offline ard

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: Tuesday 08 September 20 17:25 BST (UK) »
David Littlejohn is in the same plot as Margaret, he was aged 64 years and was interred on 16th January 1884. The plot was owned by Archibald Littlejohn.
also in that plot is James aged 20 months, son of David & Margaret, interred 9th February 1872.
I seem to remember that I've given you this information already. The other son John, who was 18 years old, occupation "hostler" rings a bell. I think there was a discussion on the List concerning that occupation?

Yes, Lodger, you probably did! I know there are several threads that are interrelated and you have been (are) a very generous presence on many!!! I often pick branch of my tree to investigate because of some aspect or discovery and, sometimes, when I am looking for a particular bit of information about past relatives, I fall on a Rootschat discussion that wasn’t my initial focus and get hooked. So it’s never a steady climb, information-wise. I suspect that, at some point(s), I was on a roll with the Littlejohns (because you and others provided me with a wealth of information) and then had get back to my work and join the world of the living again!

So indeed, in my files I have a list of Littlejohn related-burials listed under Alexander Sr. Somehow, however, David had escaped my notice when I was reviewing the names in the list; perhaps because hadn’t actually entered his burial place in the proper area in my program, I (thought I) only had the year of his death. Nevertheless, the MIs of the gravestones you posted have allowed me to fill out the Littlejohn tree just that much more. So I apologize for any repeated questions but, on my end, they never turn out to be for naught!!

(And yes) I also have information for James and John – I just looked up hostler” (who knows, maybe "again") – I thought it might be connected to inns (as in the modern “hostels”) not horses (although the definition I found does say, “historical - man employed to look after the horses of people staying at an inn,” so I don’t feel too bad).

So I thank you for your look-ups and your patience!!

Cheers,
Ard

PS Binnie – a relatively recent discovery of a direct ancestor (a marriage at Cannongate, Edinburgh and an entirely different branch of my family). I really don’t have enough to go on to try to connect with anyone– but since it had been the first time I had come across the surname, I found it curious to see it among yours!!

CNL.DVN:Knight;Jenkins;Bray;Harvey;West;Judd;Menhinnit;Griffin;Harding;Williams;Goman;Cock;Leach;Martin;Hewett.*KNT:Foster;Piper.*ESSX:Smith;Baker;Hawkins;Everitt;Spurgeon;Wellens. *MDX:Gruber;Shortland;Dukes;Cooper;Appelton;Watts;Hooper;Neale;Ricketts.*LCN:Burton;Blackburn;Walters;*SCOT:Blair;Dick;Stevenson;Williamson;Halliday;;Gilchrist;Leggat;Davies;Frew;Pollock;Richmond;Houston;McLachlan,Gemmel/Giemle,Clerk*NI:Ferguson;Boyd.*DEU:Gruber,Henne,Hohln(Württemberg)Hoffmann(Birkenfeld)

Offline kerrmain

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: Saturday 07 August 21 08:45 BST (UK) »
Hi Lodger,

I am a newbee to RootsChat so please excuse me if I am not doing this correctly.

I see in your list of headstone pictures for Cambusnethan Churchyard Wishaw that there is a headstone listed for Kerr Braidwood. Is it possible to obtain a copy of the photo for this headstone and how do I go about obtaining this.

Offline thehammies13

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: Thursday 13 January 22 10:06 GMT (UK) »
Charlotte Mathieson and James Hamilton were my husbands family too. He knew the McNeils

Offline kimmit

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: Thursday 20 January 22 10:34 GMT (UK) »
great work would you have a headstone for any Holmes family members in Cambuslang Cemetery looking for Robert Holmes, William Holmes and Agnes Smith Holmes nee Winning
Many thanks Kim

Offline Lodger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: Thursday 20 January 22 16:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kim,

You must be confusing Cambuslang and Cambusnethan, two very different parishes about 8 - 10 miles apart. I don't have any information of any sort on the burial grounds of Cambuslang, sorry.
Kind regards,
Lodger.
Scrim - Perthshire. 
Liddell - Polmont,
Devlin - Co Tyrone.

Offline blangl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: Sunday 06 February 22 19:11 GMT (UK) »
Good Afternoon,
 I am wondering if you have any headstone pictures or burial information on George Gold, , died in 1918 ?  Do you happen to know if any Muldoon were buried in this cemetery?
Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Offline Lodger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: Monday 07 February 22 17:14 GMT (UK) »
Hello Blangl and welcome to Rootschat.

Unfortunately, the records I have for Cambusnethan cemetery end at 1916, with a handful more scattered throughout 1917, so I can't tell you anything about George Gold's interment in 1918.

Was he by any chance married to Janet Lawson?

As for Muldoon, there are a few, mostly in pauper's graves, do you have Daniel as a forename with them?

Scrim - Perthshire. 
Liddell - Polmont,
Devlin - Co Tyrone.