Author Topic: Copies of wills held at Blandford  (Read 6622 times)

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad and Fireman at Kings Cross 13.7.1951
    • View Profile
Re: Copies of wills held at Blandford
« Reply #9 on: Monday 04 July 11 19:00 BST (UK) »
I wonder if the pay to view option would include premium data like this?
Ayres Brignell Cornwell Harvey Shipp  Stimpson Stubbings (all Cambs) Baumber Baxter Burton Ethards Proctor Stanton (all Lincs) Luffman (all counties)

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 04 July 11 22:38 BST (UK) »
I wonder if the pay to view option would include premium data like this?

You can sign up on a month rolling contract for any of the three subscriptions.  As I've a subscription, I've no idea on the costs for pay to view, however I think a month's premium subscription is about £13/£14.
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 04 July 11 22:49 BST (UK) »
Do you know if the copy of the administration of the will of George Clavell 1676 (Glasell ) and the memorandum of the will of Richard Clavell 1669 ( Clabell ) lists the beneficiaries of the wills. I am trying to identify family members, wife, children, grandchildren.
Richard

Hopefully the mods won't be upset if I say that others are mentioned in both, although Richard's is the more informative albeit rather moth eaten from the fire ...

Nicola

(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 05 July 11 14:23 BST (UK) »
The family will I got from Dorset History Centre is certainly "motheaten" not a line intact! However this is I expect the norm for those documents which fortunately survived, anyway it is much better than many WW1 records I have seen at TNA.
Ayres Brignell Cornwell Harvey Shipp  Stimpson Stubbings (all Cambs) Baumber Baxter Burton Ethards Proctor Stanton (all Lincs) Luffman (all counties)

Offline Richard Spicer

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 05 July 11 15:35 BST (UK) »
Roger.
·   Pay-Per-View credits cost £6.95 for 12 page view credits, which are valid for use over 14 days from the purchase date.
·   Pay-Per-View allows you to search all historical records on Ancestry.co.uk.
·   With Pay-Per-View you can view records from any Ancestry collection, including international records.

Until the 8th July there is also free access to.

The National Probate Calendar, 1861-1941,
is one of our most valuable collections. If your forebears passed on any sort of property, you’re likely to discover crucial details such as where and when they died and how much they left.

At the same time, we’re also making Andrews Newspaper Index Cards, 1790–1976, completely free. This fascinating collection was created by heir hunters – so it may contain priceless information about where your family’s money ended up.

Richard

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 05 July 11 15:38 BST (UK) »
Many thanks for that Richard.

Offline Richard Spicer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 05 July 11 15:43 BST (UK) »
Nicola.

Thank you very much for the information.
I will sign up for the Pay Per View option tonight and download copies of the wills, together will some wills from the Cull family of Corfe Castle.

Richard

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 05 July 11 15:56 BST (UK) »
Had a quick look and find that there are three wills of interest to me, one I knew about and have a copy of. However, so far as I could see they still wanted money to show the information unless I misunderstood  the site.

Offline Richard Spicer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 05 July 11 17:01 BST (UK) »
Roger.

I received this from Bob Hills on the Dorset List.

After signing up with Ancestry.

One method of searching Dorset Wills is:
Do a normal Wills and Probate search for the person that you are interested in.
When the results summary appears, click the 'Tax, Criminal, Land and Wills' entry on the left, then click 'Court, Government and Criminal Records', then click the Dorset, England, Wills and Probate, 1565-1858' it will then only search the Dorset wills.
Hope that this helps
Richard