Author Topic: Bouault family of Belgium  (Read 4146 times)

Offline Lizette

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Bouault family of Belgium
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 08 February 12 23:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi Willow, I'm looking into my grandmother's history - Lian Marcelle Sabine. Not sure if she was born in Auvers, France or Antwerp, Belgium. However, she had a brother Raphael who was born in Lille, France, born 8 March 1904. They had an uncle, Raphael Bouault. His sister, their mother, was Gladys Sabine, born in Poitiers, France. Their parents were Philomene and Sebastian Bouault. Their father was a colonel in the French army.

I hope this helps you and I'm hoping to find more information regarding my grandmother, Lian Marcelle Sabine Van Beers.

Lizette.

Offline kim26morgan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 09 November 17 05:12 GMT (UK) »
Hello Lizette
I am intrigued....you are looking for information about my husbands grandmother, Lian Marcelle Sabine Van Beers. Married name Brookman. I'd like to chat more are you still on Rootchat?
Kim

Offline joger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 09 November 17 19:11 GMT (UK) »
Look at free Bmd , there are 3 Bouault deaths, 20th century.

Many Bouaults in Stroud on FreeBMD.

Irma found by jorose should be yours.

Malines in halfway from Brussel and Anvers , in the province of Anvers (Antwerp), flamish speaking. Malines is MECHELEN in flamish.
You could try to find help from a flamish speaker to search the registers of Mechelen for Gabrielle born around 1881( she was 10 in 1891), and Raphaël, and Irma , unless you found their birthplaces on their death certificates ?

Offline joger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 10 November 17 09:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi Willow, I'm looking into my grandmother's history - Lian Marcelle Sabine. Not sure if she was born in Auvers, France or Antwerp, Belgium. However, she had a brother Raphael who was born in Lille, France, born 8 March 1904. They had an uncle, Raphael Bouault. His sister, their mother, was Gladys Sabine, born in Poitiers, France. Their parents were Philomene and Sebastian Bouault. Their father was a colonel in the French army.

I hope this helps you and I'm hoping to find more information regarding my grandmother, Lian Marcelle Sabine Van Beers.

Lizette.

It helps a lot :
This is very interesting because René Arthur Sabin (Sabin is an extememely rare forename for a man in France and Belgium) BOUAULT (London Gazette, thanks to jorose) . It seems that there are some Sabines in the family.
BOUAULT is a rare name in Belgium, there are more Bouaults in France , they probably came from France.

Unfortunately, The city of LILLE has digitized the registers till 1895 only.

I'll try to find someone who can go to the town archives to see the birth act and tell us what's written, and the parents names.

Offline joger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 10 November 17 09:39 GMT (UK) »
By any chance , do you know when was born Gladys , approximately?

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 10 November 17 10:47 GMT (UK) »

Flemish--Vlaamse
French-Flamand
English- Flemish

Someone from Belgium is a Belgian so also with other things,the Belgian capital is Brussels .
People make the mistake of using" Belgium "as an adjective, that is like saying "The England capital is London"instead of "The English capital is London"
The language of the north is  Flemish and in Wallonia French.
Brussels is in Flemish Brabant and the language ought to be Flemish but through sheer snobbery people will not speak it.
Flemings will readily oblige in French but Walloons will not speak Flemish.
Sorry to rant but it does irritate slightly that these errors are made. Naturally ,living in Gent for 12 years where we were very happy I have a loyalty to that region.
It was just a fluke that French became the "official" language in a Flemish area when the first king of The Belgians, Leopold the first who was German married a French Princess.

I`ll have to sort my capital letters out!!!!!  ::)            Viktoria.

Offline kim26morgan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 26 November 17 04:04 GMT (UK) »
Gladys was born Feb 27 1927

Offline joger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 26 November 17 07:47 GMT (UK) »
1927  departement de la Vienne 's (where Poitiers is) registers aren't digitized yet.
But direct descendants can ask the mairie de Poitiers a full copy of the birth act (in France direct descendants have the right to ask for copies of the acts of their ancestors regardless of the rule of 100 or 75 years).

Online jorose

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 26 November 17 11:39 GMT (UK) »
Coming back to this, a small breakthrough!

At search.arch.be , there is a 1903 marriage for the following in Ukkel (/Uccle):
Raphaël Marie Sabin Bouault, born March 3 1883 Saint-Gilles, a musician, resident Bruxelles, parents Sébastien Bouault and Marie Victorine Gillard
to
Marie Joséphine Bertrand, born Feb 12 1883 Bruxelles, resident Uccle, parents Henri Joseph Bertrand and Adonia Caroline Van Eyck

Witnesses were Robert Bouault (brother of Raphaël), aged 27, resident Moustier-sur-Sambre, George Bouault (another brother), aged 32, resident Ixelles,    Louis Bertrand, aged 23, brother of Marie Joséphine , resident Saint-Gilles, and Arthur Delattre, 27, brother in law of Marie Joséphine , resident Ixelles, occupation very interestingly "professeur au Conservatoire"

The 1879 marriage at Tienen of    Sébastien Bouault and Marie Victorine Gillard can also be found there.

On the other side,
Raphael who was born in Lille, France, born 8 March 1904
For this look here: http://archives.lille.fr/search?preset=33&view=list
I could not see him, though (Van Beer / Sabine? ) even looking at all the births for 8 March 1904 in Lille, no Raphael. ???
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk