Author Topic: Birth Record Search Parshim Germany  (Read 1202 times)

Offline apexadam

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Birth Record Search Parshim Germany
« on: Sunday 03 July 11 00:49 BST (UK) »
Newbie attempting locate any information about fathers birth in Parshim Germany.
My Father, (*) was born in a German POW/Concentration Camp (*).  His 1948 US immigration card says "Parshim Germany".  I am writing on this board because my Grandmother (Alexandria Hrebeniuk) told me before her passing that she was able to have her child in a Hospital room.  I am on a meaningful search of any records of my Dad's birth and/or information about any internment camps in this area that might have records of my families presence.

There are more pieces to the story and bits of information that might be helpful to someone who lives in this region and might know of an internment camp where one side of a fence is the Jewish Death camp and the other a POW work camp.

My family was deported from Kiev to several locations and ending up in Parshim (at least the immigration card says that).

Thanks.  Any direction would be helpful.  My Grandparents refused to speak of these events and I could never establish an appropriate route or time line.  My Dad doesn't even know where he was born and doesn't care all that much.

Adam Hrebeniuk
facebook: apexadam

(*) Moderator Comment:
Edited in accordance with RootsChat policy of not publishing details of living people here, or details of people who may still be living. This is to protect all concerned from spam, identity abuse, internet abuse, etc, etc.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.
New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline JustinL

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Birth Record Search Parshim Germany
« Reply #1 on: Monday 04 July 11 12:48 BST (UK) »
Adam,

The town was more likely to have been Parchim (now in the state of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern), where there was a slave labour camp (Zwangsarbeiterlager). The camp also served as a transition camp for 50,000 non-German slave labourers.