Author Topic: Bridge family Tottington Lancashire  (Read 12696 times)

Offline KathyM

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Bridge family Tottington Lancashire
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 04 April 18 09:45 BST (UK) »
Yes......I'm still around though don't use this site as much these days - it's got soooo big!

Would love to hear what you have on Bridges.....will PM you later (I'm on my way out right now.
~~~~~~~~

Census transcriptions Crown Copyright, www.NationalArchives.gov.uk

Ardill,  Bourke/Burke, Bellwood, Bridge, Cain, Church, Cragg,  Dennell, Dunning, Gough, Haslam, Holmes, Jessop, Kidson/Kitson, Knowles, Markwick, Martin, Munden, Nickerson, Robinson,  Seddon, Whittle, Varley & Walpole.

Areas: Yorkshire, Lancashire, Norfolk, Marylebone & Tipperary

Offline Lynne Osullivan

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 17 May 18 03:00 BST (UK) »
Hello to the Bridge Family
I am a descendant of Joseph Bridge 1776 - 1829   He was transported to Australia in 1806 for life for forgery. Yes he was very naughty as he was further convicted for receiving stolen goods and was sent to Morton Bay Prison where he died at 52
He had 7 sons who were very respectable gentlemen. He met his wife Elizabeth Buffey  on the vessel Fortune on their way to Australia.  She lived to 90 years
In total from the 7 children there were   71 grand children,   468 great grand children
I am his great great great grand daughter     I live in Sydney Australia.   Most of his descendants are in Sydney or the Hunter Valley.    I know nothing of his siblings or parents. I've hit a brick wall and would love to hear from anyone who has more information   Thanks   Lynne OSullivan

Offline ebridge14

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 17 May 18 03:21 BST (UK) »
I would not say most of his descendants are in Sydney or the Hunter Valley, we are spread far throughout Australia.
I have Joseph’s family tree to his great-grandparents now with reasonable certainty if you’d like to message me. I contacted a family historian in Lancashire who had researched the Bridge family.

Offline MellieMelMel

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 16 April 19 11:45 BST (UK) »
Hi there, I’m also a descendant of Joseph Bridge and living in Sydney. Just wondering what your findings were from contacting the Lancashire family historian?

Offline Debbie Volker

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 21 May 20 23:02 BST (UK) »
Hi I’ve just found this thread as I’ve just discovered a love of family history there was a post from Barry bridge saying he had a family tree dating back to 1220 and I’d love to have a copy ..... debbie Volker descendent of Joseph bridge

Offline nicholas.bebb

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 31 May 23 23:38 BST (UK) »
This is the parish record for the death of John Bridge in 1802 at Holcombe chapel in the parish of Bury, Lancashire, England. He was the father of Joseph Bridge who was transported to Australia in 1806.