Author Topic: Old Farm House Great Humby, Lincolnshire.  (Read 1799 times)

Offline mew64

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Old Farm House Great Humby, Lincolnshire.
« on: Thursday 07 July 11 16:36 BST (UK) »
Hi, my great grandparents and family  were living at the old farm house in Great Humby at the time of the 1881 census, George Wilkinson was farm bailiff at that time, looking at the census the next dwelling is Great Humby mill, I wondered if anyone knows the area, are either the farm house or the mill still there please?
Along with the first six of sixteen children, (two died as infants)  therre was also a domestic servant and three farm servants living there. Any information would be great thank you.

Offline Woody32

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Old Farm House Great Humby, Lincolnshire.
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 07 July 11 16:43 BST (UK) »
If you look on Google maps...you will see that it is still all farmland and very few buildings.
LANCASHIRE = Wood,Howard,,Smethurst,Foxall,Cheetham,Brookes,Grime, Horrocks,Thornley,Arstall,Shawcross,Rowland,Mclean LINCOLNSHIRE = Featherstone Johnson,Toyne,Willson,

Offline mew64

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 07 July 11 17:20 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the links, very useful, I think a ride out that way might be a good idea to see if anything's left.
Thanks again.

Offline Woody32

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 07 July 11 17:24 BST (UK) »
save yourself a trip..and use street view on google maps :)
LANCASHIRE = Wood,Howard,,Smethurst,Foxall,Cheetham,Brookes,Grime, Horrocks,Thornley,Arstall,Shawcross,Rowland,Mclean LINCOLNSHIRE = Featherstone Johnson,Toyne,Willson,

Offline HayesS

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 25 April 19 11:19 BST (UK) »
Have just seen this.  There is a mill still outside Little Humby, called Humby Mill.  The remains of a mill are there and the land is farmed by my husband.  This may not be the location you are looking for however.  Best regards