Author Topic: catherine nolan born born 1900 carlow  (Read 19393 times)

Offline dave taxi

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: catherine nolan born born 1900 carlow
« Reply #9 on: Friday 08 July 11 14:50 BST (UK) »
catherine(kathleen tilzey)nolan born 16/06/1920  died  12/11/1992 buried manchester southern cemetry, is this any more help,

Offline dave taxi

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 08 July 11 14:53 BST (UK) »
i will wave you off in manchester on your bike ride as i live in manchester and work in the city centre

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 08 July 11 14:57 BST (UK) »
catherine(kathleen tilzey)nolan born 16/06/1920  died  12/11/1992 buried manchester southern cemetry, is this any more help,

Catherine could have been registered a couple of weeks after her birth, which would account for the July/September date above. There seems to be no Catherine/Kathleen births in Carlow during the April/June quarter - just a Mary Catherine Nolan..

Shane

p.s. Trystan the co-founder of RootsChat is doing that bike ride... he has a thread about if you want to wish him luck ... see : link
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline dave taxi

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 08 July 11 15:03 BST (UK) »
do you have any details for mary catherine nolan please,

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 08 July 11 15:08 BST (UK) »

you will need the birth cert to see the full details you need to prove the connection and work back any further. The best bet now it to contact the GRO and arrange a search using the details you have

The birth cert will show date and place of birth, father's name and occupation and residence (can be different to place of birth), mother's full name, and name of the person that registered the birth (informant).  Hopefully the place of birth will be Cockpit Lane, or the Potato Market and you can prove your link.  Once you have Margaret's maiden name you can try searching for her marriage with James - which will give your their father's names and occupations, and take you another step back..

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 08 July 11 15:23 BST (UK) »

sorry - I misread your post.. the Index references for this Mary Catherine Nolan are :

Name: Mary Catherine Nolan
  Registration district: Carlow
  Event type: Birth
  Quarter and year: Apr-Jun 1900
  Volume: 3 / Page : 427

Middle names were not always used on census returns, but I think this Mary Catherine may be the one listed on the 1901 census as 'Mary C' in the townland of Clonegah. This townland is located about 17km (~10 miles) south of Carlow town close to Fenagh.

see : Charles & Ellen Nolan and family

Shane
My Surname Interests

Offline dave taxi

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 09 July 11 14:02 BST (UK) »

you will need the birth cert to see the full details you need to prove the connection and work back any further. The best bet now it to contact the GRO and arrange a search using the details you have

The birth cert will show date and place of birth, father's name and occupation and residence (can be different to place of birth), mother's full name, and name of the person that registered the birth (informant).  Hopefully the place of birth will be Cockpit Lane, or the Potato Market and you can prove your link.  Once you have Margaret's maiden name you can try searching for her marriage with James - which will give your their father's names and occupations, and take you another step back..

Shane
cathlene nolan jwh tilzey i have uploaded documents images 479 ithink they were called and now cant find the please help find them

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 09 July 11 16:19 BST (UK) »
p.m. sent to dave taxi re full certs 

Leinster Moderator

My Surname Interests

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 09 July 11 19:25 BST (UK) »
details from 1920 Marriage cert : Catherine's father's name is James, and his occupation is given as builder....

Shane
My Surname Interests