Author Topic: 1851 Staffordshire  (Read 1001 times)

Offline Gardener

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
1851 Staffordshire
« on: Tuesday 15 June 04 13:50 BST (UK) »
I am looking for a Samuel Rose aged 22ish in 1851, a chainmaker or similar. He is not in the Worcestershire census but in June 1851 he married in Dudley giving his place as Netherton so having ruled out Worcestershire I am hoping he was in Staffordshire! His father William was deceased by June 1851 so Samuel might have been at his mother's and she may be called Ann.
I would appreciate any help with this one cos I've been stuck for a long time waiting for a theoretical trip to the Black Country to solve all my problems!
Rose (Black Country),Downs (Black Country),Wolloxall (any and all),Bark (Derbyshire),Wright (Derbyshire),Marsden (Derbyshire), Wallace (Black Country)

All census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ChrisRose

• I am sorry but my email is not working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Boing, Boing, Baggies, Baggies,
    • View Profile
Re: 1851 Staffordshire
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 23 September 04 00:51 BST (UK) »
Hello Gardener
This Sam Rose's farther William was he William Rose 1827 - 1881 b: Abt. 1827 in Halesowen, Worcestershire d: Bet. 1881 - 1891
+Ann Milward 1829 - b: Abt. 1829 in Stourbridge, Worcestershire m: 25 December 1846 in St John the Baptist, Halesowen, Worcestershire and had brothers James and Samuel? If he is I would be interested in him too.

Chris Rose  baggiesfan@beeb.net
Rose (Halesowen, West Bromwich) Hitchman (Birmingham, Wolverhamton) Bloor (Stoke on Trent, Saffordshire)

Offline Gardener

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 23 September 04 22:18 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the interest but :( I don't think this is the same one.
I have the entry for Samuel's marriage:
Marriage of Samuel Rose, 1851 (transcribed from parish records by Gus)
At the Parish Church in the Parish of Dudley in the County of Worcester
Page 35; Number 70 - 1851 June 10
Samuel ROSE, of full age, Bachelor, Chain Maker, Netherton,
   William ROSE (dead), Miner
Mary Ann DODSON, of full age, Spinster, -, Dudley
   Spencer DODSON, Engineer
Married according to the Rites of the established Church, after banns
   by me, James C BROWNE, [illegible] Vicar
Witnesses: Hannah TOLLEY & John DODSON

So I think William Rose was dead before 1851. The IGI has an entry for the birth of a Samuel Rose in 1828, parents William and Ann but I don't know if this is the right one or not.
Rose (Black Country),Downs (Black Country),Wolloxall (any and all),Bark (Derbyshire),Wright (Derbyshire),Marsden (Derbyshire), Wallace (Black Country)

Offline Gardener

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 27 September 04 21:53 BST (UK) »
Megabelly (thank you, thank you)  ;D has found Samuel Rose for me in 1851 so it can be tidied away to the "done" pile now.