Author Topic: John Munro  (Read 10253 times)

Offline elspeth goar

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Munro
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 20 June 18 12:51 BST (UK) »
Hi,quick reply!
My dad was James Munro 11/9/15 died 15/4/96,eldest son of William(Maggies twin) and Jessie McDonald 16/9/1893.William was a gentemans outfitter/taylor in Aberdeen with i think his own business. At that time  they lived in Bon Accord terrace Aberdeen..When the depression hit the family move to Edinburgh .22 Lochrin Buildings.Not sure of exact date but before 1935.
William and Jessie had 6  other children. William 21/6/18 died 20/1/95
                                                         Harold abt 1920 died think abt 2000
                                                         Victor   19/4/22 died 22/12/89
                                                         Rorie     29/11/25 died 1989
                                                         Muriel    9/4/28 dies age 20
                                                         Sheila    abt 1930 still living
dont know anything at the moment about Maggie except what you have told me and i remember her being mentioned.She died the year Iwas born
Just wondering what your relationship is?
thanks again Elspeth

Offline axecalibre

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 20 June 18 15:23 BST (UK) »
Thank you for reply.

My grandmother was (Ruby) Jean Robertson Foulis, her brother was Robert James Foulis, his son was Robert Oliver Foulis, the husband of Maggie.

Dee

FOULIS, MOFFAT, Scotland, NZ, Canada
SPENCE-THOMAS, Forest of Dean, Wales, England
ADAIR, Dublin
MAGGS, BULL, Bristol, England, Ireland
ALLEN, London, Bristol
GREEN, Shefford, Beds, Somerset
DURRELL, Wivenhoe
BRIDGMAN, England

Offline dhwalt

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 05 July 18 09:44 BST (UK) »
Hi,quick reply!
My dad was James Munro 11/9/15 died 15/4/96,eldest son of William(Maggies twin) and Jessie McDonald 16/9/1893.William was a gentemans outfitter/taylor in Aberdeen with i think his own business. At that time  they lived in Bon Accord terrace Aberdeen..When the depression hit the family move to Edinburgh .22 Lochrin Buildings.Not sure of exact date but before 1935.
William and Jessie had 6  other children. William 21/6/18 died 20/1/95
                                                         Harold abt 1920 died think abt 2000
                                                         Victor   19/4/22 died 22/12/89
                                                         Rorie     29/11/25 died 1989
                                                         Muriel    9/4/28 dies age 20
                                                         Sheila    abt 1930 still living
dont know anything at the moment about Maggie except what you have told me and i remember her being mentioned.She died the year Iwas born
Just wondering what your relationship is?
thanks again Elspeth

Hello Elspeth,
Saw your replies when we were visiting the grandchildren so a delay before I was able to rootschat. Yes, your cousin Lynne and I would like to share Munro information and a PM would be appropriate - you need 3 posts before you can use private messaging. I have gone back to John Munro b.1752 but over that timespan there is room for error! Lynne has tried to keep in contact with Sheila but we have heard nothing for a couple of years.
This may interest you - your grandmother Jessie Munro had a brother Roderick Macdonald, Plumber in Pampa, Texas, USA.
David Walton

Offline elspeth goar

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 05 July 18 13:05 BST (UK) »
Hi David,good to hear from you.Worked out you must be Lynns husband.Happy to share info.Wasnt aware you could PM on here,an you tell me how to do that. Are you on FB? Will update you on Aunty Sheila once get PM organised.
I knew about uncle Rod.He visited us once at Mum and Dads house.He like to call himself a sanitary engineer!
speak soon
Elspeth

Offline elspeth goar

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 05 July 18 14:22 BST (UK) »
Ok got message but will not allow me to send back.saying in box full! Help!!

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 06 July 18 14:48 BST (UK) »
Hi Elspeth

You need at least 2 posts on the main boards before you can send and receive messages on the PM service.

You shoud be able to use it now  :)

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk