Author Topic: Tom Dixon  (Read 6111 times)

Offline hammie3

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Tom Dixon
« on: Saturday 16 July 11 03:28 BST (UK) »
 ???

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
Re: Tom Dixon
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 16 July 11 03:49 BST (UK) »
hi,,,are you trying to find out something?  ???
MCHUGH {mayo/manchester}   OHora,MCHALE{mayo/manchester /chicago}  KENNY{Manchester}   TIMPERLEY{wilmslow-bollin fee,Manchester} SMITH{manchester}  LEE{Colne,manchester,Cheshire} VENABLES {Styal.Cheshire} PAYTON {Staffs/Manchester}McCARTHY{TIPPERARY/MANCHESTER}  EAMES/AMS/HEAMES/HAMES/AYMES {Wilmslow/Manchester} Eames/Aymes  {Ireland/Manchester/Cheshire
Census information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline hammie3

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 22 July 11 18:52 BST (UK) »
Yes my message got deleted when I tried to make changes.
I am looking for any contection to Tom Dixon born abt 1874/5 in graygrigg cumbria.
He was living in Mount Pleasant Rhayader Powys in 1901.  He married Sarah Ann Llyod (Hamer) in March 1902 at Tabernacle church Rhayader. She had 2 daughters in her previous marriage Selina M and Gertrude M.  In 1903 Tom and Sarah Ann had Tom and the John 28/01/1904.  Sarah Ann died in 1907.  I believe Tom was living in East Street Rhayader in 1911 and their sons Tom and John where living with their Grandfather in Thomas Dixon in Cumbria.
I was wondering if anyone knows anything regarding what happened to Tom Dixon (1874/5) also Selina and Gertrude Lloyd.  As there seems to be a full stop to their where abouts.
Also when Tom and John lived in Cumbria in the same house hold was anther grandson around the same age Anthony W Dixon no-one in my family knows who he is although there is a picture of him with Tom and John.
Thanks for any help.

Offline FELLSMAN

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 23 August 11 22:33 BST (UK) »
hi hammie
selina may lloyd born 1894 and gertrude lloyd born 1890 might have been in reigate surrey at the time of the 1911 census.
i think anthony whitehead dixon may have been tom and john dixon's cousin their gt grandmothers name was whitehead she lived to  be 100 years old

cheers fellsman

Offline mel4444uk

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 04 February 12 23:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I was just wondering if you found any info on Anthony Whitehead Dixon(1902). He was my Great Grandfather. He may have been illegitimate.

Would love to find out more about him, and would love to see the photo of him with cousins John and Tom, and piece together some more of my family tree.

Thanks

Mel

Offline Morganllan

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 06 February 12 23:18 GMT (UK) »
Hello Mel  :)

Welcome to Rootschat!

Looks as if hammie3 has not been on here since last summer. However, f they have the same email address they should receive a notification of your posting, and will hopefully be along before too long.

Kind Regards
Morgan

Offline FELLSMAN

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 16 February 12 21:26 GMT (UK) »
hi mel
do you know the name of his mother ?. i've heard that he was in the navy and had links with either barrow in furness or the north east and newcastle area but was raised by his grandfather but you may know different.

cheers fellsman

Offline mel4444uk

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 18 February 12 02:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi Fellsman

Unfortunately i don't know who his mother was, i've ordered a copy of his birth cert which should be here within a week or two.

Anthony married Lililan Wellard(my grt grandmother) on 16th June 1924, they had my grandfather, Anthony Whitehead Dixon in 1925, Anthony Whitehead junior married my grandmother, Margaret Agnes Le Fuevre in 1946 in Northumberland South.

I think Anthony's (1902) mother may have been Mary Ann Dixon, but not 100%. I had found a record for her in the 1911 census living in the milnthorpe workhouse, may be could be her, but wont know until i receive the birth cert.

I will let you know, and thank you for your reply

thanks

Mel

Offline FELLSMAN

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 20 February 12 16:18 GMT (UK) »
HI MEL
Our families Mary Ann Dixon married James Bell of Murley Moss near Kendal.

James's cousin Robert Rutter was married to marys sister Rachael

cheers fellsman