Author Topic: Humby of Portsmouth  (Read 3223 times)

Offline peelaw66

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Humby of Portsmouth
« on: Saturday 16 July 11 16:10 BST (UK) »
Hi

I am trying to trace descendants of an Arthur Humby dob 1904 in Portsmouth, fathers name Joseph 1871 and mother Elizabeth Mary dob 1869.

Arthur married a Dora Smith dob 1907 and  they  had 2 children - Betty and Donald.   Betty married a man by the name of Brown and she passed away in 2000 - does anyone know of any children from Betty or her brother Donald?

Thanks

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Humby of Portsmouth
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 16 July 11 16:28 BST (UK) »
It is RootsChat policy to not post details of the living/maybe living /recently deceased  (identity theft etc.

If any one has or finds information they can pass it to you using the Private message facility

I will see what I can find

Mods may edit some of your post

Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 16 July 11 16:52 BST (UK) »
Can you post where Betty died in 2000 -and did she have a middle initial
I can only find 2 children from the Humby/Smith marriage

one is not a betty -the Betty I found (who possibly married Mr Brown ) had a middle initial and it seems  her mother's maiden name was Marshall???
Humby /Smith (possible ) children:
There is one who may still be living-I can find a possible marriage for him -but no children
There is also a daughter Joan E Humby mother's maiden name Smith Dec qtr 1935 Portsmouth 2b 598 (I thought maybe the "E" was for Elizabeth and shortened to betty???
but it seems she died age 22 Death reg Joan E Humby Dec qtr 1958 age 22 Portsmouth 6b 432

Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England

Offline peelaw66

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 16 July 11 17:05 BST (UK) »
Hi

Thanks for your quick reply - but the information you give does not equate to who I am searching for.

Many thanks

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 16 July 11 18:08 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I probably have not explained myself too well - without naming anyone who may still be living

I read your post as basically : Arthur Humby married Dora Smith

They had 2 children - a boy and a girl
The girl Betty married Mr Brown and she died 2000 (presumably as betty Brown????)

You are looking for any descendants of the children of Arthur Humby and Dora's son and daughter

The only birth reg's I can find of (possible) children of Arthur and Dora ( so with Surname Humby and mother's maiden name Smith) are a son who may still be living and a daughter named Joan E Humby mother's maiden name Smith. I thought maybe the "E" stood for Elizabeth and was shortened to betty-but realised that was not so when I discovered joan E Humby died age 22

The only Betty Humby I could find who married a Brown  had a middle initial and she was born Humby but her mother's maiden name was marshall

If you could give the death reg of Betty Brown died 2000 -but where? what age? and any middle initial I could maybe find her from there.

So this information does equate to who you are searching for

I am trying to find birthdates and marriages of Arthur's children -and from there hopefully further details of Arthur's grandchildren????

If we can find a birth reg for Betty (mother's maiden name Smith) then it may well be that Arthur and Dora had 3 children -one being Joan E who died age 22

Suz

Offline Rottidog

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 23 April 19 23:37 BST (UK) »
I have just found this while Googling around and I am Arthur's granddaughter, Betty's daughter if you are still looking? 

Offline peelaw66

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 24 April 19 09:38 BST (UK) »
Hi. Have just received an email via roots chat and wonder if you can give more details of Smiths names connected to Humby - Portsmouth area.
Regards
Peelaw

Offline Rottidog

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 24 April 19 10:16 BST (UK) »
I can't send you a PM until I have done 3 posts apparently?  This makes 2! ;)

Offline peelaw66

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 24 April 19 11:08 BST (UK) »
Hi, I haven’t used this site for years.  Are you in Hampshire?  Where did Arthur and Dora Humby live in their later years.
Are you on Ancestry?
Hope this makes your 3rd post on reply.

Kind regards
Pauline