Author Topic: O'Beirne Roscommon  (Read 14959 times)

Offline blue000125

• -
  • RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
O'Beirne Roscommon
« on: Monday 18 July 11 17:55 BST (UK) »
Im seeking the birth place of my great grand father his name was Michael O'Beirne born about 1861 in Roscommon.   I have tryed everything in gettign this but cant find it.  Is there any one out there doing an O'Beirne Family tree and know about a michael o Beirne in there family from Roscommon that moved to Dublin he is on the 1901 and 1911 census for  Dublin Ireland and it says he was born in Roscommon

Offline anniedwyer84

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Irish Nutter on the Hunt for Rellies :-)
    • View Profile
Re: O'Beirne Roscommon
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 23 July 11 11:55 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I saw your post and thought I might be able to help. Not sure if you use www.rootsireland.ie but thats where I went to search. According to the 1911 census he was born in 1861 and after a quick search, four Michael O' Beirnes came up in Co. Roscommon for 1861.

View    Church Baptism    Beirne    Michael    1861    Ballinameen, Co. Roscommon
View    Church Baptism    Beirne    Michael    1861    Boyle, Co. Roscommon
View    Church Baptism    Beirne    Michael    1861    Croghan, Co. Roscommon   
View    Church Baptism    Beirne    Michael    1861    Croghan, Co. Roscommon

Hope this helps in some way

Annie
The surnames, which I am interested in are; Maternal side: Ryan, Kevin, Grant, Grady, Gleeson, Walsh, Dwyer, Paternal side: O' Dwyer, Woodlock, Rochford & Britton - all in Tipperary; and Kelly and Hoynes in Laois.

Ryan, Campbell, Luttrell, Grant, Grahame, Bainbridge and Brown in Queensland, Australia

Tighe in Victoria, Australia.

Grant in Philadelphia, Sullivan and Penny in New York; and Britton in Connecticut

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 23 July 11 12:26 BST (UK) »
Is this your Michael O'Beirne on the 1911 census ?

O'Beirne household - Boyne St

Have you located a marriage for Michael & Francis ?
This would give you Michael's father's name...and this might allow you see if any of those availabale possible baptisms are possible, or rule some out..

previous post : O'Beirne Boyne St Dublin

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline unapmcs

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 30 January 12 11:27 GMT (UK) »
Just read your enquiry, with interest.
My Grandmother was an O'Beirne, her brother was Michael, ( another Farrell ) Michael went to Dublin, I do not know the year, married & had 6 girls, all of which are alive . They came from the area mentioned, think this may be of some help to you. UNA

Offline blue000125

• -
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 30 January 12 12:54 GMT (UK) »
That would be great Boyne St Dublin is the area were trying to find out what part of Roscommon they came from.  There is a house there in Roscommon were the family home is but we dont know the address and area in roscommon but have the family tree donw back as far as Michael O Beirne.  Daniel Larkin married Christine O Beirne her father was Michael i think

regards

david

Offline unapmcs

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 30 January 12 19:20 GMT (UK) »
Well 'cause of the large families in those days, most were related, some changed their surname to Byrne.
In the regions of BALLINAMEEN, CROGHAN, a lot of the deceased were buried in Croghan during that era , it is appx. 2.5 mls apart.
Boyle is appx. 8.0 miles from Ballinameen, so from this information, you may understand where relationships developed, or close family ties.
Does your family tree show a Farrell and a Maggie as his siblings ?.Of course there could be many more, that region had a lot of families emigrate to the USA, including my own.
My brother has done his dna , may not be of great value just yet, but will certainly be of use in the not too distant future.
Do you have any pictures of the older generation, the O'Beirnes mostly had high cheek bones, and still do today.
Looking forward to hearing from you.

Offline blue000125

• -
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 30 January 12 20:33 GMT (UK) »
The only way we can tell is from older genearation photos if you had one of your grand mother o'berine i could see if i have one of the other o beirne or it i might have one of my friends father i will have to see what is your email address

Offline unapmcs

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 15 February 12 19:11 GMT (UK) »
I rooted up some pictures of my family of O'Beirne 's whilst I was there last week, I discovered a number of other O'BEIRNE families within the Boyle region are related to my family. So indeed it is all very interesting.
When you have a moment , if you care to mail me your email, I will scan in 4 pictures and send them onto you.
Bye for now.

Offline blue000125

• -
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 15 February 12 19:48 GMT (UK) »