Author Topic: Elizabeth Jane BULBECK nee STAPLES  (Read 11527 times)

Offline -Glen-

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Jane BULBECK nee STAPLES
« Reply #9 on: Friday 01 November 13 15:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi All,

Brief update:
I've been checking the Canadian 1921 census, but don't find Elizabeth anywhere. It was taken in the June and she arrived in April.

Kind regards,
Glen
Galway, Ireland: Cunningham, Deely, Callanan, Conerneen/Conerney, Mullins and more. London, England:  Callingham, Buck, Parker, Comerford, Staples, Pitter, Gallington, Langhelt, Setzer and more! Bearsted/Maidstone, Kent: Lamkin, Langley, Smith

Offline sami

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Grannie M
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 01 November 13 15:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi:

Could this be her - last entry on the page transcribed as Bullick?

http://www.rootschat.com/links/0wpn/

sami
England:  Archer, Bailey, Bates, Blower, Bosworth, Court, Hicklin, Orton, Palmer, Robbins, Sedgwick, Smith, Stevenson, Stone, Varnam, Wakelin, Walker
Canada:  Archer, Walker, Spencer, Shepherd
Australia:  Taplin
South Africa:  Risley

Offline -Glen-

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 01 November 13 16:07 GMT (UK) »
Dear Sami,

Yes!! Thank you so much!!  :)  :)
I really appreciate your help.
And that must be Gertrude Monroe that she's with, because that's the lady she travelled with in the April. They're both transcribed wrong. I'll add some corrections to both names on Ancestry.
I'll have a think now, about how this will help me find more records of Elizabeth. Now, I have an area to focus on. Thank you!
I'll update the forum topic, as and when I find more.

Kind regards,
Glen
Galway, Ireland: Cunningham, Deely, Callanan, Conerneen/Conerney, Mullins and more. London, England:  Callingham, Buck, Parker, Comerford, Staples, Pitter, Gallington, Langhelt, Setzer and more! Bearsted/Maidstone, Kent: Lamkin, Langley, Smith

Offline -Glen-

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 01 November 13 19:57 GMT (UK) »
I've just read this online....

A general index for marriages and deaths that occurred in the province of Quebec between 1926 and 1994 was prepared by the Société de généalogie de Québec. It is available on CD-ROM and can be consulted in many genealogical societies and libraries.

:)

Offline -Glen-

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 12 November 13 16:28 GMT (UK) »
Update:

I have hired a local researcher to help me with Elizabeth post-1921 census.
I'll let you know if any records are found.

Kind regards,
Glen

Offline -Glen-

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 24 July 14 19:02 BST (UK) »
Unfortunately, nothing more could be found for Elizabeth in Canada. I think she must've moved on elsewhere.

Glen

Offline -Glen-

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 28 July 15 03:00 BST (UK) »
Fast-forward 30 years, and it seems that Elizabeth must've moved on to the USA. I'm not quite sure what this means though:

Name:   Elizabeth J Bulbeck
Birth Date:   28 May 1886
Birth Place:   Ireland, Republic of Ireland
Claim Date:   6 Jun 1951
Type of Claim:   Life Claim
Notes:   06 Jun 1951: Name listed as ELIZABETH J BULBECK

I found this in the USA Social Security index. Does anyone know what the difference between a life claim and death claim is?

Many thanks,
Glen  :)

Offline cosmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 28 July 15 17:27 BST (UK) »
1925 New York State census shows an Elizabeth Bulbeck, 37 b. Ireland, resident in US for 2 years in New York City working as chambermaid.
Family Search shows a record for Elizabet (sic) J. Bulbeck d. 04 Aug 1959 at age 72 at Troy Rensselaer New York.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 28 July 15 19:02 BST (UK) »
Index to alien arrivals at Canadian Atlantic and Pacific Seaports - Elizabeth Bulbeck - born 1887 and aged 34 years. Arrival USA 1921.

Sandra

"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada