Author Topic: 1851 Beds look up please.  (Read 562 times)

Offline geniedi

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
1851 Beds look up please.
« on: Sunday 01 May 05 23:57 BST (UK) »
I am looking for a William Green, on 1841 census he was living in Clifton with his parents and siblings.

By 1851 there is no sign of them in the area and 2 of his siblings are with a relative on parish relief making me believe his parents had died.

By 1859 he is married in London.

I have him on every census but 1851 which could provide me with an awful lot of help.

In 1841 he was 6.

Thanks

Diane :)
Stevenson,Seabrook,Gravestock,Lee - Cambs. Geden and varients -  Warks. Oxf. Green- Beds and London. Foster, Little - Essex. Sheldrick - Surrey and London? Smith - Bucks. Coulling - Oxf.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Boongie Pam

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Pa is Scottish, Ma is Welsh, Nose is Roamin'
    • View Profile
Re: 1851 Beds look up please.
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 28 December 05 22:32 GMT (UK) »
There is a William Green working as a "servant boy" in the house of William Claydon a draper.

HO107/1758
Gamlingay
ED: 1 F: 29 P: 22

Mill St George ???

...In house of William Claydon...

William Green serv 16 Servant Boy Beds Clifton

Could be him.

P :)
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
~~~~~~~~~~~

Dumfrieshire: Fallen, Fallon, Carruthers, Scott, Farish, Aitchison, Green, Ryecroft, Thomson, Stewart
Midlothian: Linn/d, Aitken, Martin
North Wales: Robins(on), Hughes, Parry, Jones
Cumberland: Lowther, Young, Steward, Miller
Somerset: Palmer, Cork, Greedy, Clothier

Online intermittently!

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline geniedi

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: 1851 Beds look up please.
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 28 December 05 22:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi Pam,

Thanks for looking for me.

I have recently come across that one and have claimed him.

Posted this so long ago, totally forgot about it, :)

I would never have dreamed of looking there, if only I'd known I could have found him on the CFHS websites 1851 index database years ago!!

I'd bought the 1851 Beds census and everything.

Thanks once again

Diane :)
Stevenson,Seabrook,Gravestock,Lee - Cambs. Geden and varients -  Warks. Oxf. Green- Beds and London. Foster, Little - Essex. Sheldrick - Surrey and London? Smith - Bucks. Coulling - Oxf.