Author Topic: margaret rudler  (Read 14739 times)

Offline Rade

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: margaret rudler
« Reply #54 on: Wednesday 23 April 14 04:29 BST (UK) »
I note that the Ancestry 'Arnold family file' has a photo of Thomas CALLAGHAN with what appears to be three workers outside his work office in Dublin and a second photo of Malvina CALLAGHAN nee SUMMONS scrubbing the front path at her home 8 Seaview Avenue, North Dock, Dublin. I checked current google street view and confirmed the front fence shown in Malvina's photo is the same now, down to the missing prong on the fence. See attachments

Offline treebranches

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday 06 May 14 20:11 BST (UK) »
wow this thread is so interesting!!!   
That pic is my great grandmother, Malvina.  My grandmother Rose grew up in that house and my mother was there as a child for a short time.   I have a pic of my great grandfather, thomas at my grandmother's wedding, looking very much the same in the pic there!  Must show these pics to my mother.   Have just made contact today with lavender123 via this website.    There are a few threads here about the Callaghans so just getting to read them all.     Must have a look at the ancestry website.   My mother looks after my the family grave in Glasnevin, dublin.   My great grandparents, Thomas and Malvina are buried there along with her own parents and more recent relatives.   The  grave, if its any consolation, it is well looked after and attended too.

Offline Rade

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Sunday 19 July 20 12:11 BST (UK) »
I note that the Ancestry 'Arnold Family File' shown in my previous post appears to have been superseded by 'newham/carroll family file'.

I also note that my trusty dog pictured on my posts for 11 years has said goodbye to us on the 28Jun20. A sad passing. :(