Author Topic: margaret rudler  (Read 17760 times)

Offline DaintyTrish

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: margaret rudler
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday 20 September 11 10:16 BST (UK) »
Hi Rade,

Thanks for the reply and welcome.

I came across this site by accident when doing a Google on Pub History where the Walkers (who my nan Malvena married into) ran pubs in the East End and Battersea.

My name is Patricia Mary Dainton (Nee Walker) and I have 5 siblings:

Frederick Everett Walker
Brenda Helen
Leslie Henry
Daphne Malvena
[Me and I am told the Patricia and Mary are family names]
Stephen Ian

I will have a look at the Thread and thanks for the tip that Andy may be good to hook up with re' moving backwards and forwards on the tree.

I live in Greenwich and Brenda still lives in Battersea so if we ever get out butts into gear we are well placed to look at Parish records given our proximity to the East End where the Summons were based in for so long (I regularly pass LimeHouse; Shadwell etc and Malvena is at east London Cementary with Arthur and Fred plus some others in the family plot.

Best wishes,

Trish

Offline Spetisbury

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Monday 26 September 11 16:23 BST (UK) »
Thanks Rade

I've sent Trish an invite to the tree. :)

Offline DaintyTrish

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Wednesday 28 September 11 09:17 BST (UK) »
Thanks guys

It all looks good and I need to get my butt into gear and dig out loads of references and hopefully add to the tree/data onAndy's and this site.

:)

Offline MaggiesGD

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Friday 30 September 11 13:05 BST (UK) »
I've really enjoyed reading this piece of detective work!  One thing no one is looked into is Henrietta Summons / Simmons birth.  Per the census she is listed as having been born in Limehouse like Malvina but there is no birth record on BMD.  The closest I can find in terms of date / name is:

Births Mar 1862   (>99%)
~~~~~~~~

SIMMONS  Henrietta     Hendon  3a 91

I am curious about her as she is (presumably)  the eldest child of the Margaret Rudler / Edward Summons relationship and the only one named as a step child of Christmas on the census.  Has anyone else looked for her?

Offline Spetisbury

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Friday 30 September 11 15:25 BST (UK) »
Hi

Henrietta is in my tree and I've tracked her in the census under he step name of Christmas and her married name of Murray but like you I have been unable to find a definitive birth. her sister Malvenia is recorded in Stepney in 1863.

Offline Rade

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Sunday 02 October 11 06:38 BST (UK) »
Hi - The Henrietta SIMMONS birth record posted by MaggiesGD looks good to me. The SUMMONS name is regulary mispelt in this way. It is a year earlier than her sister's so that's OK. In my search for this birth record I noted that Henrietta is an uncommon name for the period. Hendron is in Middlesex so close enough again.
Henrietta is a widow with three daughters in the 1901 UK census. She is living in Wapping - also in the house is her mother and three of Henrietta's step sisters. Next door is Henrietta's mother-in-law I presume - Mary MURRAY living 'On own means'. So Henrietta has lots of family support.

For Spetisbury - I note that you have another husband for Henrietta - Charles FARQUHARSON - I have looked at your sources including the maguire public tree on Ancestry and I cannot find a marriage - do you have any further evidence for this marriage?

Offline Spetisbury

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Monday 03 October 11 10:21 BST (UK) »
Hi

I'm quite happy to believe there is no marriage. He is recorded as a "boarder" in the 1911 census after she is widowed. He may have been exactly that but I have taken him as a "partner" from a public tree elsewhere on Ancestry.

Offline lavender123

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Saturday 19 April 14 20:15 BST (UK) »
Hi there everybody, a while back I was searching for my g/grandmother malvena Callaghan nee summons/Simmons I have looking through the posts and was quite excited  when I read henrietta  summons/ and malvena were living in wapping, that is more peoberley when malvena met my g/grandfather Thomas Callaghan , if we have the right people Thomas and Malvina  Callaghan are on the 1911 census in Dublin.  I have been trying to find where Malvina grandparents were . Thanks

Offline Rade

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Tuesday 22 April 14 04:29 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the 1911 Dublin census lead - I have found a scan on the National Archives website - it has same children's names as 1901 UK census so must be them living at 8 Seaview Avenue.
Malvina SUMMONS' mother Margaret nee RUDLER is recorded in the 1841 UK Census as RADLER - aged 5 months with sister Ann 5 years and parents Richard 30 & Elizabeth 30, Richard is a Pastry Cook. They were living in St Anne Limehouse, Middlesex, London.
Margaret RUDLER's parents were married 2 Feb 1835 - vis:
Marriage Register - Richard Rudler & Elizabeth Healey
Author: Parish of St Mary Le Strand, Westminster, London, England
Margaret was christened when she was almost 3 years old on 29th Oct 1843 - her parents were shown as Richard & Elizabeth, he was an Eating House Keeper.
The 1851 UK Census has Richard & Elizabeth RUDLER with chd Ann 15 and Margaret 11 also in St Anne Limehouse - Richard is still a Pastry Cook.
Ancestry has a very comprehensive public family tree called 'Maguire and Jones family tree'. The owner is vjmaguire. This tree shows the CALLAGHAN family moving to Dublin in 1910.