Author Topic: American born to England 1820-1840. Help please.  (Read 1952 times)

Offline Ringrose

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
American born to England 1820-1840. Help please.
« on: Monday 02 May 05 12:03 BST (UK) »
From the new 1861 census I have found out that my gggrandmother Mary Mann(nee Cronier) was born in America in 1821 .Although I have subscribed to the UK Ancestry I am not able to get American records and wonder if anyone could help .I thought that there was more transport of English to America than the other way round and wonder why they came to England.She either came over as a child or later on . By 1844 she had married my gggrandfather William Hart Mann and had a son that year also called William Hart Mann in Pimlico.I have no record of William Hart Mann Senior  so I do not know where he was born.He had married in 1833 a Harriett Oliver but she must have died. There in no record of a marriage after 1837 so I think they must have married twixt 1833 and 1837.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Ringrose
Mann Ringrose Prior( West London)Prior (Halstead Colchester and Sudbury)Ringrose (Northants) Clark(sussex  Bath)Light(Shropshire West London)Barber(Northants)Gaudern (Northants)Piper(Suffolk)Carter (Essex)Nightingale,Stiles,Dunk,Hedgecock(Kent)Mann(south Devon )Le Cronier,Le Quesne,Poingdestre,Esnouf,Le Guyt,Anley.Le Carteret(Jersey)Clark(Bath,Batcombe,and Nyland )
er(essex)Nightingale(kent Sussex)Sutton (sussex)