Author Topic: MONNEYPENNY'S  (Read 2369 times)

Offline drumm3rdave

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
MONNEYPENNY'S
« on: Tuesday 26 July 11 18:18 BST (UK) »
Hi, I've just been given some info from my sister that shows some old posts on The Wives of MONNEYPENNY'S: WILLIAMS, BARBER, PAPPIN, WOOLLEY, CHAPERLIN. The post was by annizoe.
My greatgrandmother was Eliza Monneypenny and she married (I think his 1st name was Joseph) Gibbs ( can't find my docs at the mo!) I see moderator krisesjoint contributed to the post. I can't send a PM at the mo as this is my 1st post but I would like to get in touch with annizoe. My mother now 96 and two of her sisters are still alive. Not too sure about navigating around the site either but will do my best.

Offline jane l

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: MONNEYPENNY'S
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 26 July 11 18:36 BST (UK) »
hello and welcome just post something here 2 more times then you can pm the person you want
jane l
Lowcock-Greasbrough
Morris-Derbyshire/Greasbrough/Hatfield
Chipp-Isle of wight/Mexborough/Derbyshire
Wallace+Wylie-Derbyshire
Rhoadhouse+Sellars-Greasbrough
Rickman-Hampshire New Forest+Johnson Hampshire/South Shields
Phillips/Carpenter-Lymington Hampshire
Goodwin+Beaney-Lewisham/Kent
Sayers-London/East Grinstead

Offline osprey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 26 July 11 18:39 BST (UK) »
welcome to Rootschat!

Annizoe hasn't been online for nearly 3 years, Hoping she still has the same email address, I'll put a link to this post on the older one & hope she comes online.
Cornwall: Allen, Bevan, Bosisto, Carnpezzack, Donithorn, Huddy, James, Retallack, Russell, Vincent, Yeoman
Cards: Thomas (Llanbadarn Fawr)
Glam: Bowler, Cram, Galloway, James, Thomas, Watkins
Lincs: Coupland, Cram
Mon: Cram, Gwyn, John, Philpot, Smart, Watkins
Pembs: Edwards (St. Dogmael's)
Yorks: Airey, Bowler, Elliott, Hare, Hewitt, Kellett, Kemp, Stephenson, Tebb

Offline drumm3rdave

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 26 July 11 20:41 BST (UK) »
Hi and thanks for trying to track down annizoe. I'll put this and another post on and maybe I can PM her. I'm assuming she is female but annizoe may not be anything to do with her name! My grandfather Albert Gibbs was the grandson of Samuel Monneypenny and Ann Papin. (I'll confirm this when I find my paperwork). In 1915 he embarked for France (WWI) with The Royal Welch Fusiliers. My aunt told me that he was batman to Seigfried Sassoon the poet and publicist, who was also involved with the poems of Wilfred Owen.

Offline drumm3rdave

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 26 July 11 20:44 BST (UK) »
I also have been in touch,some time ago now with Carol Lawless another decendant of Eliza Monneypenny, if I remember correctly her grandfather was Joseph Gibbs, Alberts older brother.

Offline annizoe

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 31 January 18 16:38 GMT (UK) »
I am ANNIZOE!  I am so sorry I haven't done genealogy in so long.  I don't know what got me thinking about it?  Perhaps the 1 year anniversary of my mother's death is coming up?

I changed emails too because yahoo was being hacked.  I am on facebook and instagram too.  would love to make contact with a possible relative and I am sure they delete email info?

Andrea Price-Johnson
Moneypenny, Woolley, Chaperlin, Pappin, Price, Williams, Ford, Francis, Hiltz, Doyle, Donahue, Kelly, Leo, Ciancio, Miller, Wood