Author Topic: Raymond Elie HINTON and Rita May BRINER **COMPLETED MANY THANKS TO EVERYONE**  (Read 6976 times)

Offline misgrace

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Raymond Elie HINTON and Rita May BRINER
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 30 July 11 15:06 BST (UK) »
Hello Sue,Sid,Cando.
Thank you all so much for all this wonderful information you have all supplied, I just put Raymond on as a long shot, now I am able to enter so much about him on my tree, I loved all the newspaper articles, bit of a lad our Raymond.
Sue you wanted info I have . Raymond Eli Hinton was born 19 Feb 1889 The youngest son of Elie Uzziel Hnton b 1854 Hanover Square,London and Elizabeth Ann (Maisie) elms.b1855 Maidstone Kent.
I found the passenger list for him, and some info on the Australian Electoral Rolls.
My father was Cecil Elms Hinton the older brother of Raymond (dad was 61 when I was born)
I don't think dad ever knew what became of his brother, he always kept a photo of him on our sideboard.
However he did say Raymond had one daughter,and that meant the Hinton name wont carry on,as neither he or Raymond had any sons.
I am interested to see if the airman you mention could be a son we didn't know about.
Thanks agian all
Maddy.

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 30 July 11 15:48 BST (UK) »
http://www.ww2roll.gov.au/script/veteran.asp?ServiceID=R&VeteranID=905897

The son is mentioned on the death notice as living in USA.  Death certificates in Victoria list the children of the deceased both living and deceased.  It is possible in Victoria to purchase [AUD$17.50] and immediately download an image of a certificate.
https://online.justice.vic.gov.au/bdm/index-search?action=purchaseImage

Cando
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 30 July 11 16:05 BST (UK) »
Australian Electoral Roll
HINTON Maxwell Robert  14 Kalimna Street, Hawthorn  Engineer
HINTON Raymond Edward  14 Kalimna Street, Hawthorn  Traveller
HINTON Rita May  14 Kalmina Street, Hawthorn  HD

Search on http://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper  for the first named on the electoral roll.  Named in the Law Lists- Civil.

You can also purchase a copy of his service record
http://www.naa.gov.au/collection/recordsearch/index.aspx

Cando
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 31 July 11 02:02 BST (UK) »
Well,
It will certainly be interesting to hear whether the information found on this thread was of help to Maddy, especially as she says she has had no success in previous requests for information.

The chap on the roll with RAYMOND whose WW2 records have been mentioned a couple of times on the thread would be quite elderly now.

One of the  death notices listed did mention that by the 1950's he was abroad, but may be in Australia still...

Sue 

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 31 July 11 08:45 BST (UK) »
In 1942 CYRIL Z.  BELL joined the Civil Constructiion Corps giving an address of

810 Hampton Street Brighton.

And, as a  dependent, he mentions a wife.
His birthdate was 4/10/1892 and at that time he was a labourer.

The Electoral Roll in 1942 shows his address as

81 Hotham Street St Kilda

Occupation as Clerk.

At the same  St Kilda address in 1942 is DOROTHY HELENE  BELL
And  in 1954-

DOROTHY HELENE BELL  is the only person of that surname at

810 Hampton Street Brighton.

Sue

Adding--When he died in 1947, CYRIL was a Landscape Gardener.

http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/22517061?searchTerm="dorothy helene bell"&searchLimits=l-title=The+Argus+%28Melbourne%2C...%7Ctitleid%3A13

Offline misgrace

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 31 July 11 10:36 BST (UK) »
Hello All
All this wonderful info, I feel like a detective,I have notes written down all around me,trying to put this jigsaw together(love it)
Do you think that Maxwell Robert could of been a son of Raymond and Elsie May,and when she died he went to live with his father? he was mentioned on Raymond's death notices and Raymond as next of kin on his service record. It certainly points that way doesn't it. Perhaps Elsie May wouldn't let Maxwell have anything to do with his father while she was alive due to his carrying on with Rita.(re. divorce petition) If he is Raymond's son and he married and had any sons then the Hinton name has not disappeared on my line.
Also on Elsie Mays tombstone?? was Dorothy also a daughter of Raymond?
I am trying very hard not to get confused or have any senior moments. 8)
I have an old photo album that was Raymond's, some of the photos I haven't been able to identify, perhaps some of them were taken in Aus.
Many Thanks
Maddy.

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 31 July 11 11:14 BST (UK) »
Do you think that Maxwell Robert could of been a son of Raymond and Elsie May,and when she died he went to live with his father?

No.

If you carefully read the news item I have linked regarding "Contested Divorce" . That is, the divorce petition  of RITA MAY and ROBERT ALFRED HARDY, you will see there was a child of that marriage. 

You know the name of that child and his service record shows a birthdate of 1923.

This places him inside the marriage of RITA MAY and ROBERT ALFRED HARDY. (Perhaps looking at the child's given name, you may see a connection).

We are not told in that hard -to- read newspaper, item how long RAYMOND and RITA had known each other during the time of her marriage to ROBERT HARDY.  That will always remain a mattwer of speculation, but ELSIE was out of the picture by this stage in RAYMOND's life.

Sue

Adding
It is not at all unusual (and has happened more than once to me!!)
that a great deal of complicated family information presented  in this forum leaves one feeling muddled and overwhelmed.

I have found that a couple of days thinking and pausing combined with   the old-fashioned pen and paper ----arrows and -----lines does help to sift through the data.
 ;D ;D
S

Offline misgrace

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 20 August 11 14:18 BST (UK) »
I would like to thank you all for helping me to find all the very helpful information you have given me on this thread, without your help I would never of found out what happened to Raymond.
I done what you suggested Sue, sat back and had a good think about Robert Maxwell Hinton, I can only draw my own conclusions. You never know perhaps one day a living relative of his might get in touch. In the meantime I will leave him of my family tree.
Once again many thanks to you all.
Maddy.

Offline Sue Lakeland

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Raymond Elie HINTON and Rita May BRINER **COMPLETED MANY THANKS TO EVERYONE**
« Reply #26 on: Friday 18 October 19 09:05 BST (UK) »
I am Raymond Elie Hinton (deceased) and Rita May Hinton's (Nee Briner) Granddaughter. Rita had a son (Maxwell Robert) and daughter to Robert Hardy. He walked out on her both times when she was pregnant. Her daughter died when she was six months old. Rita then met Raymond (who had divorced his first wife in England, and moved to Australia) and they married. Rita gave birth to my mother (Rita Elizabeth, still living). Raymond Hinton is the younger brother of Cecil, and the brother of Dorothy. Both Maxwell Robert and Rita Elizabeth lived with Raymond Hinton and Rita Hinton (nee Briner) in Kalimna Street, Balwyn. Max married Barbara, and moved to Canada. They divorced. I think they had 6 kids. We have lost touch with him, and his ex wife and children lost contact with him also. My Mum is living in Victoria Australia. She had two children, my brother and I. I have four Grandchildren. Let me know if you would like to chat further.