Author Topic: Offer: BAILEY Name lookups in Northamptonshire  (Read 3414 times)

Offline Alturiak

• RootsChat Extra
  • What is Brighter than the Stars
    • View Profile
Offer: BAILEY Name lookups in Northamptonshire
« on: Saturday 30 July 11 19:50 BST (UK) »
I'm researching and recording the surname BAILEY and it's derivatives in Northamptonshire.  I have covered the 1841 to 1891 census returns and over the coming months should finish the 1901 & 1911 returns.

I also have many BAILEY Birth, Marriage and Burial records from a variety of sources including Parish Registers and Bishops Transcripts.

It is my hope that over the next few years I can join together the many individual BAILEY trees I have and create a Northamptonshire BAILEY tree.

I would be very happy to help anyone researching the name BAILEY.

I also have recorded every record I can find regarding Cranford St Andrew and St John (all names) and would be happy to do lookups for either village.
Researching and Recording all occurrences of the surname BAILEY and it's derivatives in Northamptonshire.

Offline Bruce42

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Offer: BAILEY Name lookups in Northamptonshire
« Reply #1 on: Monday 03 April 17 15:39 BST (UK) »
The Baileys were wood turners in King's Cliffe and included the last one there....
ogilvy, larg, row, rowe, house, bendall, hodgetts, hawker, clarke, ancell, stenton-dozey, chaplin, robbie, bartlett, christie, robson, soutar, winter, little

Offline jkgla

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 16 July 17 21:19 BST (UK) »
Hi - My g3 grandmother, Elizabeth BAILEY, married Thomas WARD 16 Oct 1794 at Daventry, Northants
MARRIAGE:  16 Oct 1794, Daventry
Thomas Ward, bachelor & Elizabeth Bayley, spinster, both of this parish, were married by licence the 16th October 1794
Witnesses, Wm Lee, Jessie Gale

Thomas was the son of John WARD & Jane WINNS (m by lic 22 Dec 1766, Daventry, Northants)
I know nothing further about Elizabeth Bailey - and I would be delighted if you had more information about this part of the Bailey family.  Happy to provide my email if you want to make further contact.
Many thanks, jkgla

Offline Bruce42

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 17 July 17 08:56 BST (UK) »
I have a number of Baileys - but only one Elizabeth.  Elizabeth Jane who married Thomas Walter S Wiles about 1890+.  She was born 1872 in Kings Cliffe, Northants, died 1958 Sussex.  Her father was John Thomas Bailey, mother Sarah Ann House (from my main tree).  These Baileys were mainly involved in Wood Turning, in Kings Cliffe, one being the last landlord of the Wood Turner's Arms, now a private house.

Best wishes
ogilvy, larg, row, rowe, house, bendall, hodgetts, hawker, clarke, ancell, stenton-dozey, chaplin, robbie, bartlett, christie, robson, soutar, winter, little

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 17 July 17 10:07 BST (UK) »
 Alturiak has not been on here since 2012, hopefully the may get an email notifying them of your posts.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk