Author Topic: Churches in Knighton C of E or other.  (Read 5139 times)

Offline piccarso

• RootsChat Member
  • Pog Mo Thoin.
    • View Profile
Churches in Knighton C of E or other.
« on: Saturday 30 July 11 20:29 BST (UK) »
Hi all,

I've just received a photocopy of a Birth Extract from a friend, the entry, a person I "think" is my G. Grandmother this was Ann Davies NEE Price, this Doc states born 6th June 1810, Knighton, father Thomas mother Mary, no other data, but... this under the old Welsh spelling PRYCE, my friend had this Doc from either Knighton or Hereford Archives, but cannot remember exactly where, she also has forgotten which Church and denomination of said Church... so what I'm asking is does anyone have knowledge of the Churches C1810 in Knighton? I ask this in order to maybe be able to relocate this Doc, and to accertain whether her parents were married here too, before going to the GRO to ask for a search of a Certificate.

The earliest Record of Ann I have is the 1841 Census (under surname "Corbett", another story here...) where she is living in Brampton Bryan in Herefordshire with her father Thomas PRICE (SCHOOL MASTER there) she gives "not born in the County of Herefordshire" (ditto Thos Price) age 41 as DOB here, so C1810-11, but in later Census's all POBs are Knighton, (except in 1851 she gives Brampton Bryan as POB confusing me a little)

In regard to Brampton B, Ann was married here in 1839 to Thomas "Corbett" Davies born C1799-1804.

I hope someone can help me here.

Regards,

Jim Hendry.
Hendry,Hendrie,pollock,Bonnar, Bonar, Gallacher, Gallagher.
(Glasgow/Lanarkshire/Ayrshire/Scotland).

Hendrie, Hendry, Henry, Houden, Clark, Gallacher, Gallagher, McGuire (Scotland/Ireland)

Westmuckett, Davies, Corbett-Davies, Corbett, Williams, Bevan, Price, (England and Wales)

Offline piccarso

• RootsChat Member
  • Pog Mo Thoin.
    • View Profile
Re: Churches in Knighton C of E or other.
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 31 July 11 21:48 BST (UK) »
Hi all,

I've just received a photocopy of a Birth Extract from a friend, the entry, a person I "think" is my G. Grandmother this was Ann Davies NEE Price, this Doc states born 6th June 1810, Knighton, father Thomas mother Mary, no other data, but... this under the old Welsh spelling PRYCE, my friend had this Doc from either Knighton or Hereford Archives, but cannot remember exactly where, she also has forgotten which Church and denomination of said Church... so what I'm asking is does anyone have knowledge of the Churches C1810 in Knighton? I ask this in order to maybe be able to relocate this Doc, and to accertain whether her parents were married here too, before going to the GRO to ask for a search of a Certificate.

The earliest Record of Ann I have is the 1841 Census (under surname "Corbett", another story here...) where she is living in Brampton Bryan in Herefordshire with her father Thomas PRICE (SCHOOL MASTER there) she gives "not born in the County of Herefordshire" (ditto Thos Price) age 41 as DOB here, so C1810-11, but in later Census's all POBs are Knighton, (except in 1851 she gives Brampton Bryan as POB confusing me a little)

In regard to Brampton B, Ann was married here in 1839 to Thomas "Corbett" Davies born C1799-1804.

I hope someone can help me here.

Regards,

Jim Hendry.
Hi,
Re the above, I've now found the info I was looking for, thanks for any interest shown for this post.

Jim.
Hendry,Hendrie,pollock,Bonnar, Bonar, Gallacher, Gallagher.
(Glasgow/Lanarkshire/Ayrshire/Scotland).

Hendrie, Hendry, Henry, Houden, Clark, Gallacher, Gallagher, McGuire (Scotland/Ireland)

Westmuckett, Davies, Corbett-Davies, Corbett, Williams, Bevan, Price, (England and Wales)