Author Topic: Castlehaven and Myross Tithe Applotment transcriptions are available  (Read 6585 times)

Offline skibbgirl

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Castlehaven and Myross Tithe Applotment transcriptions are available
« on: Monday 01 August 11 04:27 BST (UK) »
Tithe applotment transcriptions for Castlehaven and for Myross are now available online.  These are first drafts only, they have not been processed with corrections yet.

You can access the Skibbereen area transcriptions here:
http://www.corkgen.org/publicgenealogy/cork/titheapplot/corkgentithes.html

Please submit a correction here:
http://www.corkgen.org/publicgenealogy/cork/titheapplot/fixit.php
PLEASE POST YOUR QUESTIONS TO THE BOARD, NOT THROUGH PM, so that everybody can take a shot at answering your question and benefit from the information.  I cannot respond to requests through private emails.

Barnane, Cahalane, Collins, Connolly, Driscoll, Hourihane, Hurley, Looney, McCarthy, Mahony, Sweeney, Young  in Skibbereen area of southwest County Cork, Ireland; Regan in RoaringWater bay area and in Caheragh parish

Offline miggs 191

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Castlehaven and Myross Tithe Applotment transcriptions are available
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 28 June 12 15:53 BST (UK) »
Many thanks Skib Girl.
Do you know how to track ancestors from before 1864 in Killaderry Castlehaven?
I will be in Skib again in August and will book with the Heritage Centre but wondered if you had any ideas before I go?
I am trying to link 1830s Bohanes (Denis and Daniel) to Michael pre 1864.Where could I look?
You have been so helpful in the past.
Many thanks.
M. ???
Maslin,Devizes
Perry, Devizes
Grace,Devizes
Eyles,Upavon
Banks,Lacock
Davies Islington & Aberystwyth
Jones Aberystwyth
Howells Aberystwyth
Bohane , Killaderry Skibbereen ,Cork

Offline skibbgirl

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 28 June 12 18:16 BST (UK) »
Castlehaven & Myross does not have marriage records but you have plenty of time to trawl through the birth records prior to your August trip.

Some Castlehaven & Myross recs

Bohane may be an agnomen for Sullivan though I have heard it can also be an agnomen for Driscoll.

Griffiths lists a few people named "Buhin" in Killaderry - could that be Bohane?

Killaderry in Griffiths
PLEASE POST YOUR QUESTIONS TO THE BOARD, NOT THROUGH PM, so that everybody can take a shot at answering your question and benefit from the information.  I cannot respond to requests through private emails.

Barnane, Cahalane, Collins, Connolly, Driscoll, Hourihane, Hurley, Looney, McCarthy, Mahony, Sweeney, Young  in Skibbereen area of southwest County Cork, Ireland; Regan in RoaringWater bay area and in Caheragh parish

Offline skibbgirl

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 28 June 12 18:24 BST (UK) »
Looks like maybe your Michael could have been the baptism sponsor to another Michael.  Haven't found godfather Michael yet though.

http://churchrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/details/4609be0017858

Killaderry is sorta kinda near Skibbereen so you may want to extend your church record search into Skibbereen RC parish.

Offline miggs 191

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 28 June 12 23:08 BST (UK) »
Thanks again!
Mum always said we were really O Sullivans BUT Castlehaven records show baptism of my grandfather 1864 as Peter Sullivan and thats crossed through and Bohane written above.
The family  were in Killaderry for years.Its only tiny....one boureen (spelling?)
So I know that my great grandfather was Michael and his wife Hanora Carthy so I have tracked them through Castlehaven records but its proving it and finding the previous generation.Family lore says that one Bohane farmed all of Killaderry and it was split through the years. I'm sure lots of families say that!
I think I will spend part of my time in Skib knocking on people's doors.
Found last year that the oral tradition of local families is amazing.
Thank you again for your support and ideas.
Miggs :)
Maslin,Devizes
Perry, Devizes
Grace,Devizes
Eyles,Upavon
Banks,Lacock
Jones Aberystwyth
Howells Aberystwyth

Offline miggs 191

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 02 May 16 21:41 BST (UK) »
Skibbgirl, update. Slowly winning. I'm still battling on. Margaret at the Heritage centre is pretty sure that Michael's father is Peter and either Denis or Daniel is the father of Peter.
You gave me great ideas as to where to look for Hegartys and this year I found someone who is descended from my great aunts.
I'm back in Skib this June to continue the search including talking to second cousins that I have recently discovered.
Thank you again for your past help without which I wouldn't have got this far. 🙂
Maslin,Devizes
Perry, Devizes
Grace,Devizes
Eyles,Upavon
Banks,Lacock
Jones Aberystwyth
Howells Aberystwyth

Offline miggs 191

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 18 August 16 11:26 BST (UK) »
Skibb girl,
Update ! Just in case you may be linked to mine !
Bridget Bohane dob 1918
Peter Bohane 1864 m Ellen Hegarty 1877
Ellen from Lahardane next to Killaderry daughter of Pat Hegarty and Mary Driscoll
Mary Driscoll from Drishane (Tragumna Not Castletownsend) her parents were William Driscoll and Anne Attridge ( the Attridges were sponsors for Hegarty baptisms)
Peter Bohane's father was Michael Bohane and as I've said in earlier posts I can not prove the link back to Daniel and Denis but as we'd been in Killaderry for ever the link IS there!
Maybe you are linked to some of these ?
I've also found Hegartys in Montana including great aunts and cousins that were completely lost to
us . And that was all from a link suggestion you gave me . Many many thanks. 🙂🙂🙂
Maslin,Devizes
Perry, Devizes
Grace,Devizes
Eyles,Upavon
Banks,Lacock
Jones Aberystwyth
Howells Aberystwyth