Author Topic: Essex Record Office, Chelmsford  (Read 9002 times)

Offline Eleesavet

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Essex Record Office, Chelmsford
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 24 September 11 16:33 BST (UK) »
Hi Laurina,

Will see what I can find and get back to you.

Liz
Perthshire: MacArthur, Whittet, Mill (Milne), Alexander, Shaw, Pearson, Henderson, Rennie, Comrie, Braid, Ritchie, Roy, MacKillop, Keill, Cumming, Taylor, Marshall, Young, Miller, MacVicar, Murray, Cameron, Croll, Christie, Gloag, Gorrie, Stobbie, Lunnan, Thomson, Crerar, Hepburn.
Dundee: Mill (Milne).
Aberdeen: Mill (Milne).
Skye: MacIntosh, Stewart, MacQueen, Matheson, Morrison, Nicholson, MacLeod, Finlayson.
Peebles: Dickson, Sandilands, Rule, Johnstone.
Edinburgh: Thomson, Sandilands.

Offline Eleesavet

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 24 September 11 16:35 BST (UK) »
Hi all,

Just to let you know that I will PM details in response to your queries.

Liz
Perthshire: MacArthur, Whittet, Mill (Milne), Alexander, Shaw, Pearson, Henderson, Rennie, Comrie, Braid, Ritchie, Roy, MacKillop, Keill, Cumming, Taylor, Marshall, Young, Miller, MacVicar, Murray, Cameron, Croll, Christie, Gloag, Gorrie, Stobbie, Lunnan, Thomson, Crerar, Hepburn.
Skye: MacIntosh, Stewart, MacQueen, Matheson, Morrison, Nicholson, MacLeod, Finlayson.

Offline Diblet

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 24 September 11 18:16 BST (UK) »
Just to let you know that the 1929 electoral register for Purleigh is available to view for free (at the moment) on SEAX and Nesta A Jenkins is not living there then.

:)

Offline Eleesavet

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 01 October 11 14:28 BST (UK) »
Hi Eleesavet,

Could you possibly look at the electoral registers for the early 1930's - I'm looking for Nesta Ann Jenkins and wondered who she is living with. The address is Round Bush Cottages, Purleigh, Essex - she gives this as her address on her marriage certificate in Feb 1936.

Thanks for making this offer - I'll understand if you've been inundated with requests.

Laurina

Hi Laurina,

Checked the 1935 - 1937 Electoral Registers for Purleigh but no Jenkins listed.  Nor could I find her under her married name of Lamb.  There are various people with the address Round Bush Cottages and Round Bush Farm Cottages but, unfortunately, none with the name Lamb or Jenkins.

Even if she had been there I wouldn't know with whom she was living as the names are listed alphabetically, none are grouped by address.  Although you can easily find those with the address Round Bush Cottages or Round Bush Farm Cottages, as there is obviously more than one cottage you wouldn't know for certain with whom she is living.

Best wishes

Liz

Offline Laurina

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 01 October 11 14:34 BST (UK) »
Thanks for trying - she gives her address as this in Feb 1936. Her parents are both dead. Her husband gives his address in North Fambridge where he appears with his sister and brother-in-law.  This couple are causing me a lot of trouble!

Laurina
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Ewan

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 04 October 11 20:59 BST (UK) »
If you have any time left, as I know you have had a lot of requests for lookups, would it be possible to look at a marriage record for me please?

The marriage between a James Kenton and an Elizabeth Ward that took place on the 15 February 1808 at Wanstead  Essex.

I am interested to know of the details on the marriage record especially who the witnesses were.

My ancestor was born in Essex approximately 1812, I had been trying to find a marriage for his parents James Kenton/Kinton and an Elizabeth.  I found one on the IGI that took place in 1802 in Berkshire but had put it on the back boiler because I had not found any connection to Berkshire so never being able to verify the information and also the bride seemed quite young at the time.

Just recently familysearch have added some Essex marriages  and there appears to be a marriage between a James Kenton and an Elizabeth Ward that took place at Wansted Essex in 1808, I am just wondering perhaps this is my ancestor’s marriage.

Many thanks for any help.
Ewan

Online coombs

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Research the dead....forget the living.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 05 October 11 13:08 BST (UK) »
Hi Eleesavet

Did you manage to do my marriage witness lookup for me?

Ben
Researching:

LONDON, Coombs, Roberts, Auber, Helsdon, Fradine, Morin, Goodacre
DORSET Coombs, Munday
NORFOLK Helsdon, Riches, Harbord, Budery
KENT Roberts, Goodacre
SUSSEX Walder, Boniface, Dinnage, Standen, Lee, Botten, Wickham, Jupp
SUFFOLK Titshall, Frost, Fairweather, Mayhew, Archer, Eade, Scarfe
DURHAM Stewart, Musgrave, Wilson, Forster
SCOTLAND Stewart in Selkirk
USA Musgrave, Saix
ESSEX Cornwell, Stock, Quilter, Lawrence, Whale, Clift
OXON Edgington, Smith, Inkpen, Snell, Batten, Brain

Offline Eleesavet

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 06 October 11 12:11 BST (UK) »
Hi Ewan and Ben,

Happy to help and will respond to your queries by PM.

Liz

Offline Ewan

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 27 October 11 14:47 BST (UK) »
Hello Liz

I would like to thank you again for your recent kind and generous offer to do lookups at the record office.  By way of you checking out the marriage entry that I found on familysearch after they entered more records on their site I have been able to fit another piece of a puzzle regarding an ancestor from Essex.

You are a star, thank you. :)
Ewan