Author Topic: sky remote interference  (Read 8030 times)

Offline jc26red

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright.
    • View Profile
Re: sky remote interference
« Reply #18 on: Friday 05 August 11 08:57 BST (UK) »
Ray, next time I'm back "home" I'll play with moving box 2 around. I'm well aware of mains networking but decided years ago not to go down that route.

thanks again

ps I usually say something I shouldn't when I see Maplins prices, personally I shop at a few other reputable places that do not rip customers off ;)
Please acknowledge when a restorer works on your photos, it can take hours for them to work their magic

Please scan at 300dpi minimum to help save the restorers eyesight.

Offline Nick29

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 05 August 11 10:25 BST (UK) »
Well, how about moving the Sky box to another room, and use long audio and video cables to connect to the Slingbox ?  I've successfully run audio and video over a 10 metre length of cables (the ones with phono plugs on).

Incidentally, I don't think the Sky Eye is too hard to set up  :)
RIP 1949-10th January 2013

Best Wishes,  Nick.

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jc26red

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: sky remote interference - COMPLETED WITH THANKS
« Reply #20 on: Friday 05 August 11 11:12 BST (UK) »
Just waiting to hear back from my daughter to see if they have moved the boxes yet?  If they have, then it didn't work and we now have spurious recordings they did last night on our planner  ???

Moving the box into another room was cleared the remote problem but set up a chain of events with sky  ::)

Moving it seems to have triggered a check, and it appears you have to have 2 HD subscriptions for both boxes even if you have multiroom and they no longer supply ordinary Sky + boxes any more.... so we have lost the HD channels from the 2nd box.  Good news is, Sky is supposedly changing their policy at the end of August so one HD subscription will cover all multiroom subscribers.  This only took 3 phone calls to sky with cards being swapped etc., 3 hours later its all done till daughter realises she no longer has a password for her box cos of the card swapping  ;D

oh well.... lets see if Sky does the upgrade at the end of the month automatically. I won't be holding my breath

thanks again for all your  input
Please acknowledge when a restorer works on your photos, it can take hours for them to work their magic

Offline jc26red

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: sky remote interference COMPLETED
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 06 August 11 15:00 BST (UK) »
completed with thanks  :D

Offline Nick29

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 07 August 11 11:07 BST (UK) »
I've heard that Sky are dropping the HD sub in September, but multi-room ?  Hmmm.....  :)
RIP 1949-10th January 2013

Best Wishes,  Nick.

Offline jc26red

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 07 August 11 14:40 BST (UK) »
perhaps thats what they meant Nick.  It was my daughter that was talking to them, I heard a long time ago they were thinking of dropping the HD sub but didn't hear anything more till now.  Don't think they will drop the multiroom sub

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 07 August 11 21:02 BST (UK) »
Hi

A letter I had from Sky last week said:

"Since you already enjoy stunning HD, the price that you currently pay for HD will now cover your whole home. From 1st Sept any Sky+HD box that has a multiroom subscription will now show stunning HD."

Offline jc26red

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 08 August 11 06:12 BST (UK) »
Many thanks Groom,

Yes that confirms exactly what the customer services man said.  We haven't received that particular letter from Sky yet  ;D

Jenny