Author Topic: SWITZER family  (Read 7163 times)

Offline lahpun

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: SWITZER family
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 15 September 18 03:22 BST (UK) »
To Laurie50; Jack 2227; and Maggsie thanks for your input into my enquiry re name Switzer. I have been away from the boards for some months but am now back.
To Myrakeay I am interested in what you have.  I too live in Queensland.  Please advise how I can get in touch.  Can you private message me please.  The lady I am looking for is Mary Ann Adelaide Switzer whose parents were Eugene and Catherine Switzer.
Lesley

Offline myrakeay

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 15 September 18 04:40 BST (UK) »
Mary Anne Adeline Switzer born 27 Aug 1832 Shanagolden, Limerick, IRL
Died 30 Dec 1915 Long Bay Penitentiary, Sydney, NSW
Parents Eugene/Owen Switzer and Catherine O'Grady

I live in Indooroopilly, Brisbane and could not find how to PM you.

See Help-Page: 
http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline Romilly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 08 June 19 17:37 BST (UK) »

I have a lot of Switzer DNA Matches on Ancestry.com and so I'm guessing that I must have some Switzer ancestors!

Rather frustratingly, they must be on my Paternal Brickwall (Wilson) side, and so I'm not sure how I could get back to them:-(

Romilly.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Researching:
Wilson, Warren, Dulston, Hooper, Duffin, Petty, Rees, Davies, Williams, Newman, Dyer, Hamilton, Edmeads, Pattenden.

Offline Maggsie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 08 June 19 19:24 BST (UK) »
Hi Romilly,
Are your Wilson people from this area of Limerick?
Maggsie

Offline Romilly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 08 June 19 19:37 BST (UK) »

Maggie,

I think they might have been, - because I have quite a high Irish % on my Living DNA result.

My Paternal (Wilson) side is a bit of a mystery to me, because I can't get beyond my Grandfather, William James Wilson (1860 - 1937). His son, (my late Father) was 30yrs older than my Mother, and Died when I was 5. And so no one alive to ask when I started looking:-(

Romilly.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Researching:
Wilson, Warren, Dulston, Hooper, Duffin, Petty, Rees, Davies, Williams, Newman, Dyer, Hamilton, Edmeads, Pattenden.

Offline Maggsie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 08 June 19 20:08 BST (UK) »
Hi,
Where did you grandfather pass on?

Do you have the actual date?

What was your dads name?
Maggsie

Offline Romilly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 08 June 19 20:26 BST (UK) »
Maggsie,,

I have my Grandfather's Death Cert. He Died in Redhill House (Hospital), Hendon on the 29th December 1937. He was Buried at St Andrews, Kingsbury on the 3rd January 1938.

My Father was Evan Douglas Wilson, Born 113 St Helens Road, Swansea on the 27th May 1896. Died Northwick Park Hospital, Wembley, 29th June 1957.

I've been asking about a Birth or Baptismal Entry for my Grandfather since I joined RC in 2005. On both the 1901 and 1911 Censuses, he says he was Born in Manchester, Lancashire. The problem is that there's no Birth Entry for him there. It's quite possible that his Birth wasn't registered, but I can't find him anywhere prior to his Marriage to my Grandmother Margaret Rees in Swansea on the 22nd June 1893.

I have persuaded my Mother, sister and 2 Paternal and 2 maternal 1st Cousins to take DNA tests. From the results, I can see that my Father passed on no English DNA to myself or my sister. Instead, he passed on Welsh, Irish, Germanic and Ashkenazi Jewish DNA!

Many of my Switzer Matches on Ancestry also have Germanic and Irish DNA.

Unfortunately, none of this helps me to locate my Grandfather before 1893:-(

Romilly.
Researching:

Offline Maggsie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 09 June 19 11:57 BST (UK) »
Hi Romilly,
Do you have your Grandfathers marriage to Margaret Rees, I would need his fathers Christian name.
I have found one that matches but I would like the fathers name o confirm my findings.
Many thanks
Maggsie

Offline Romilly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 09 June 19 12:07 BST (UK) »

Hi Maggsie,

Thanks so much for looking, - greatly appreciated :-)

Yes, I have that Cert. (I'll try to attach it).

My Grandfather gives his Father as, 'William Wilson (Deceased) Occupation: Mason'.

Romilly.
Researching: