Author Topic: death look up California  (Read 22250 times)

Online rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: death look up California
« Reply #27 on: Friday 21 September 12 18:52 BST (UK) »
Can't seem to find andrew and Virginia on the 1940 census if any one can help

Offline Lisa in California

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 02 October 12 10:22 BST (UK) »
I cannot find them in 1940.  It appears that they were living in San Francisco in 1935, 1936 and 1937 (SF Directories).   They next appear in San Diego County in 1943.  I wonder where they were in 1940?   ???
Ellison: Co. Wicklow/Canada       Fowley: Sligo/Canada       Furnival: Lancashire/Canada       Ibbotson: Sheffield/Canada       Lee/DeJongh: Lancashire & Cheshire       Mumford: Essex/Canada       Ovens: Ireland/Canada       Sarge: Yorkshire/Canada             Stuart: Sligo/Canada       Sullivan: Co. Clare/Canada      Vaus: Sussex/Surrey      Wakefield: Tuam or Ballinasloe, Ireland              (Surname: Originated/Place Last Lived)  (Canadians lived in Ontario)

Online rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 02 October 12 12:11 BST (UK) »
I know ite very frustrating I have looked every where  ::)

Offline Lisa in California

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday 02 October 12 12:52 BST (UK) »
According to the California death index, Virginia's maiden name was McManus.  Looking at the 1900 census, Virginia M McManus was living with her family, including James (father), Sarah (mother) and brother James M or N.

The 1930 census shows Sarah and James living in San Diego.  They are both widowed.  James was a carpenter (carpenter / house).

According to the California death index, Sarah passed away in San Diego in 1944.

Maybe Andrew and Virginia settled in San Diego to be near her mother?

Sarah and James were living in National City, San Diego in 1940.  James was a carpenter / PWA.  (Probably Public Works Administration.)

After a quick search, I do not see Andrew in National City (I was hoping he might be located near his mother-in-law.)
Ellison: Co. Wicklow/Canada       Fowley: Sligo/Canada       Furnival: Lancashire/Canada       Ibbotson: Sheffield/Canada       Lee/DeJongh: Lancashire & Cheshire       Mumford: Essex/Canada       Ovens: Ireland/Canada       Sarge: Yorkshire/Canada             Stuart: Sligo/Canada       Sullivan: Co. Clare/Canada      Vaus: Sussex/Surrey      Wakefield: Tuam or Ballinasloe, Ireland              (Surname: Originated/Place Last Lived)  (Canadians lived in Ontario)

Online rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday 02 October 12 19:07 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the information dont know where Andrew went ???

Online rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Thursday 30 January 14 13:40 GMT (UK) »
Still looking for help finding Andrew have searched and searched for him in the 1940 census can't even find Virginia also .....Have tried looking for Andrew in 1910 census also but no luck he left Canada 1909 for USA any help would be appreciated  :) :)

Online shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Thursday 30 January 14 15:47 GMT (UK) »
Virginia appears to be on Find a Grave - http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=FOR&GSpartial=1&GSbyrel=all&GSst=6&GScntry=4&GSsr=881&GRid=73845291&

Maybe it would be worth contacting the cemetery to see if any other Forbes are with her?

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Thursday 30 January 14 15:57 GMT (UK) »
Have you checked with the Cemetery to see if Virginia is buried with Andrew ?

http://www.rootschat.com/links/0ezt/

Shelly has found a City Directory entry for 1937 and there is a Naturalization for Andrew Anderson Forbes 29 July 1937.
The California Death Index starts in 1940 and he doesn'tt seem to be listed so perhaps died between 1937 and 1940.

Looks like soneone else is looking for info on Andrew - same person has tree on anc...

http://www.rootschat.com/links/0ezu/

Sandra

Think that was suggested quite early on in the thread (reply 5) 

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Online rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Friday 31 January 14 11:31 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Shellyesq and Sandra I have contacted the find a grave people and nothing ..That is my tree on Ancestry and I have Andrew in 1943 San Diego California and after that can't seem to find him ...Have searched for him in Canada as he had brother's there and two of his brother's went to U S A  in 1914 got them in 1920 and they have disappeared so frustrating ...