Author Topic: Hatrick Burial  (Read 2317 times)

Offline blue000125

• -
  • RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hatrick Burial
« on: Saturday 06 August 11 18:25 BST (UK) »
Can anyone help.  Im trying to find out were my grannys is buried i have her death cert below.

Thanks

Len

Moderator's Note: Image removed - you may only post a small portion of a certificate for deciphering purposes

Offline Jeuel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Hatrick Burial
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 06 August 11 18:31 BST (UK) »
When looking for a burial, the first two options are - exisiting family graves you know about, and the nearest burial grounds to where the death occurred.

The relevant local authority website will probably have a section on cemeteries and searching the burial registers there.  If its a rural area the burial might well be in the local churchyard.
Chowns in Buckinghamshire
Broad, Eplett & Pope in St Ervan/St Columb Major, Cornwall
Browning & Moore in Cambridge, St Andrew the Less
Emms, Mealing & Purvey in Cotswolds, Gloucestershire
Barnes, Dunt, Gray, Massingham in Norfolk
Higho in London
Matthews & Nash in Whichford, Warwickshire
Smoothy, Willsher in Coggeshall & Chelmsford, Essex

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 06 August 11 18:36 BST (UK) »
There may have been a report on the funeral in a local newspaper??

Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Liz_in_Sussex

• RootsChat Veteran
  • "We wunt be druv."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 06 August 11 18:41 BST (UK) »
Hi,

It would probably depend on whether she was Catholic or Protestant - in the Strabane area that would eliminate some burial grounds quite easily.  What about asking for this to be moved to the Irish board - there's a County Tyrone section.  :)
Research interests:
Sussex (Isted, Trusler, Pullen, Botting), Surrey (Isted), Shropshire (Hayward), Lincolnshire (Brown, Richardson), Wiltshire (Bailey), Schleswig-Holstein (Isted),  Nordrhein-Westfalen (Niessen).

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 06 August 11 19:05 BST (UK) »
The local council will only have details of the cemeteries/graveyards they look after. Strabane Council's website is here with the list- but they may not have records for all interments in each of them-
http://www.strabanedc.com/council/services/burial-grounds/

A church burial depends on the family's religion. If Catholic, try the parish cemetery where they lived. If Church of Ireland try the C. of I. parish. If Presbyterian could be Presbyterian or Church of Ireland. Other religions which may not have their own burying ground may be found in C. of I. or council cemetery.

See from 1911 census Mary Anne was Presbyterian and age 74 (although death certificate 2 years later gives age aas 72), also lists her as single in the census.
www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Tyrone/Strabane_East_Urban/Meetinghouse_Street/850243

Another possibility is that she was buried with her husband (where that may be).
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 06 August 11 19:13 BST (UK) »
Looks like Mary Ann Hatrick in Co. Louth in 1901 which widens search area considerably with husband born Donegal?.
www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Louth/Dromiskin/Commons/1558591

Offline blue000125

• -
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 06 August 11 19:23 BST (UK) »
It must be the Presbertian church.  Did anyone ever hear of the Frist Presbertian Church in Derry does it still remain this is were James Hatrick was baptised

Offline blue000125

• -
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 06 August 11 19:25 BST (UK) »
James Hatrick was buried in Belfast in the year 1915 and Mary Hatrick was buried in Stabane Co Tyrone in 1913.  James is living in Belfast in 1911 what i cant understand why arnt both buried together.  Was there a falling out of something  my fathers father said his grand father was Samuel Hatrick but it ends up been James Hatrick

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 06 August 11 19:41 BST (UK) »
How do you know Mary Ann was buried in Strabane?

Perhaps James died in hospital and was buried in Belfast (you haven't mentioned where in Belfast) but Mary Ann was buried near the place she died. Have you found James in 1911 census? I couldn't find him under James Hatrick but if he's in an institution (hospital, workhouse, gaol, etc.) he'll be listed under initials.

First Derry Presbyterian Church is in the centre of Londonderry (City) and recently re-opened after major reburbishment.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-13386538
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/northern-ireland/historic-derry-church-reopens-16000540.html