Author Topic: MIA Archibald Wilson b 1852/3  (Read 1672 times)

Offline beckwith49

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
MIA Archibald Wilson b 1852/3
« on: Tuesday 03 May 05 04:50 BST (UK) »
:(  HI, I am new to this list and am searching for a missing ancestor - but aren't we all - LOL 

Anyway I found him in the 1881 census as living with his wife and working as a clerk in a law office.

Archibald Wilson age 28 wife Agnes (Berkshire) living at 36 Butterbiggins Road, Govan, Lanark.

I can not find out who his parents were or when  or Archie and Agnes married.

As usual, I found all of Agnes' family's information including her parents and her 2 brothers.  Why can I not ever find the men in my family????? :'(

If anyone has suggestions or can look in the 1871 census, I thank you in advance!

Jackie
Beckwith, Wilson, Berkshire (Barkshire), Jeffery (Jaffery), Whan, Wickline, Tullis

Offline alisonplenderleith

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: MIA Archibald Wilson b 1852/3
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 05 May 05 10:28 BST (UK) »
Hi Jackie,

What was Archibald's birthplace given as in the 1881 census? That may help you  narrow things down a bit.

Regards,

Alison

Offline beckwith49

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 05 May 05 15:46 BST (UK) »
Sorry forgot to add  Archibald's birthplace is listed as Glasgow, Lanark, Scotland.  Based on the informationI got from the US census, I was able to find Agnes' brothers, one of their marriages, and hence her parents - in a nice round about way - and then found her birth.  The problem with Archibald is that it is such a common name, without knowing anything about the rest of his family, I do not know which one it is  ???

TYIA

Jackie Wilson
Beckwith, Wilson, Berkshire (Barkshire), Jeffery (Jaffery), Whan, Wickline, Tullis

Offline alisonplenderleith

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 06 May 05 17:25 BST (UK) »
Hi again Jackie,

I think your best bet is to search for their marriage on www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk which is a subscription site but not expensive.
A marriage certificate will give you parent's names and whether they were living or deceased at the time of the marriage.

All the best,

Alison