Author Topic: Missing Gillett family member  (Read 3222 times)

Offline Sally4x

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Missing Gillett family member
« on: Sunday 07 August 11 22:31 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I am researching my family and I am stuck on one member.  This is a Maud Gillett who was born in Burnley in 1914.  I have searched all the records and have come up with nothing.  The only possibility is a marriage in Liverpool in 1945, but it doesn't really seem to fit.  I would appreciate any help anyone on here might have.

Thanks

Offline The Mc

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Missing Gillett family member
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 07 August 11 22:59 BST (UK) »
FreeBMD has Maud Gillett born Burnley Reg. District March 1914 (volume 8e page 310)
Mother's name was Holgate before marriage.

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 08 August 11 07:47 BST (UK) »
Her birth registration is on www.lancashirebmd.org.uk .....is there a possibility she may still be alive ?...if so , it is considered bad practice to post details of living people...her parents were
Horace Gillett and Edith Holgate...
born mar qtr 1914 - married mar qtr 1945  ?? aged 30 /31 ...why would you think the marriage doesn`t seem to fit...she may have came to Liverpool to work on the likes of an Ammunitions factory during WW2 1938 and stayed...war is over and she marries ?...waited for her sweetheart to come home...seems feasible to me ..
she married George E Fader...there is no record of a George Fader being born in this country...so he may have been the likes of a foriegn pilot or such....I wouldn`t dismiss this marriage...a lot of unusual events took place around WW2 era
allan
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 08 August 11 07:55 BST (UK) »
I have just checked on Lancashirebmd...over a span of 1887 - 1898 there are 4 registrations for Edith Holgate
3 are in Burnley
1 is in Liverpool .........so we don`t have a clue which is yours , but ...it may be the Liverpool Edith ...and that`s why she is in Liverpool when she marries...she could easily have been living with nan and grandad
allan
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline Sally4x

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 08 August 11 10:46 BST (UK) »
No I do think she is dead, because of someone who posted a question about her in 2001 stating that all they knew was she died just after WW2.  That question never got answered and the person never replied to my message.

I do think that George E Fader was American/Canadian and so I have been looking at records over there as well.  I just can't find anything about her.  She is the one born in Burnley to Edith Holgate and I will take the Liverpool marriage, it just didn't seem to fit, because all her siblings stayed and died in Burnley.

Thanks for your help anyway.

Offline Gibel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 08 August 11 16:40 BST (UK) »
The only way to find out if the marriage belongs to your Maud is to purchase a copy of the marriage certifictae. As you know Edith's father's name you could specify that.

Maybe she was a GI bride and went to the USA after her marriage.

Gibel

Offline Sally4x

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 08 August 11 18:47 BST (UK) »
I know thanks already ordered!  :)

Offline mosiefish

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 08 August 11 19:51 BST (UK) »
Canadian Wives Bureau – Civilian Repatriation Section
Southampton to Canada  22nd July 1946 on the Aquitania
Regiment (Presume Husband) G49533 Pte GE
Wifes name – Maud Fader
Childrens Name – Carole A age 1yr 1month
Address in UK – 24 Crown Street, Liverpool  7
Address in Canada – Mrs F E Fader M/L
RR2 Rollindam Char Co. NB

Regards,
Mo
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Lancs: Harrison, Entwistle, Devine, Grundy, Ashworth, Freeman, Jackson, Rushton
Cornwall: Rich, Binney, Peak(e)
Devon: Martin, Walter(s)

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 08 August 11 19:57 BST (UK) »
Excellent Mo...confirms the Liverpool connection...do you mind me asking where you obtained the Canadian Wives Bureau info...looks a valuable place of info ....allan ;)