Author Topic: Worcestershire - Ombersley – John Cupper – 1780’s to 1830’s  (Read 7652 times)

Offline philheeks

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My Grandfather, Frank William Gomm
    • View Profile
Re: Worcestershire - Ombersley – John Cupper – 1780’s to 1830’s
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 22 January 13 13:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi Gang

Did one of you by any chance give a printed family history document of the Cupper family to my cousin Mick Cupper while at his youngest sons garden centre (I think it was last Sunday) as Im a nosy perisher lol

All the very best

Phil
Worcestershire - Heeks, Maiden, Pinchin, Hartland, Tredwell, Holliday, Morton, Collins, Aldington, Saunders
Oxfordshire - Gomm, Hamblet, Austin, Winter,
Herefordshire - Lowe
Radnor - Lowe, Powell
Gloucestershire - Holliday, Pinchin

Offline Mark Chambers

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 22 January 13 18:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi Phil

Not guilty your honer !!!

Mark Chambers (Direct line Lizzie Cupper 1856 Ombersley - 1927 Ombersley)My 2nd Great Grandmother who married Thomas Baylis 1854-1899. 
Hi i'm Mark.
I enjoy researching Family trees and like to help other people who need local information to Worcestershire,England

Offline philheeks

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 24 January 13 11:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mark

Thats a pity as to be honest you looked the most likely as the documents that were given to my cousin start the family at Upper Arley & go to Ombersley, Hartlebury & Kidderminster.  Ive not researched my cousins line as yet but this has wet my apetite as the Cupper's are linked to my family research by marriage & the cousin Im talking about is married to a very close cousin of mine (here maiden name was Watson & she was born at Hartlebury

All the very best

Phil
Weston-super-Mare (born Worcester City 1944)
Worcestershire - Heeks, Maiden, Pinchin, Hartland, Tredwell, Holliday, Morton, Collins, Aldington, Saunders
Herefordshire - Lowe
Radnor - Lowe, Powell

Offline philheeks

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 24 January 13 11:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mark

I hope you dont mind but Ive saved (to a memory stick) the photo of Lizzie Cupper that you put on your posting to give to my cousin as it will be a very nice surprise for him

All the very best

Phil
Herefordshire - Lowe
Radnor - Lowe, Powell

Offline Mark Chambers

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 24 January 13 16:56 GMT (UK) »
Pleased you like it that is no problem at all.

She must of been a very strong lady as she lost her last son George Baylis 1897 after only a few weeks and then her husband died in 1899 after falling off a horse leaving her with five children still living at home.

Mark
Hi i'm Mark.
I enjoy researching Family trees and like to help other people who need local information to Worcestershire,England

Offline philheeks

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 31 January 13 11:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mark

She must have been a strong lady indeed as there was no welfair state then & if people didnt earn their money they had to go without & it would take a lot even then to care for 5 children as well as finding a job of work as she was now the provider.  I hope for Lizzies sake that the Cupper's helped her out as much as they could as there were several of them around Ombersley at that time I believe.

All the very best

Phil
Herefordshire - Lowe
Radnor - Lowe, Powell

Offline philheeks

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 27 February 13 15:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi There

Re where the Cupper's came from, when I was on holiday with my cousin's at christmas the husband (Michael John Cupper) was given a large document containing the history of the Cuuper's & this document said that they came from Upper Arley originally (I dont know how true this is though). I dont have a copy of this document even though one was going to be printed out for me (it somehow got forgotten) so I have nothing more to refer you to.  I hope this may be of help

All the very best

Phil

ps can tell you that I found that one of the Cupper's married into the Alcott's of Upton Snodsbury but cant say which one of the top of my head
Herefordshire - Lowe
Radnor - Lowe, Powell

Offline philheeks

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 27 February 13 15:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi Again

I forgot to say in my last posting that the Cupper/Alcott marriage at Upton Snodsbury gives the grooms surname as Cooper but all the details on the entry prove that he is a Cupper of Ombersley

All the very best

Phil

Herefordshire - Lowe
Radnor - Lowe, Powell

Offline Tillywiz

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 21 March 18 12:25 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

I'm very new at researching my family but I believe the photo of Lizzie Cupper on this post is my 2nd Great Grandmother her son William being my great grandfather.

I was hoping anyone might be able to help with further information or set me on the right path!

Thanks Gee